XP Pro SP2

Purely by looking at the file contents of an Xp Pro CD is there a way
to spot if it includes SP1 or SP2?

Does SP2 include everything SP1 does? IE would I need to install SP1
then SP2 or just ignore sp1 and go to sp2?
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    S.Sengupta wrote:
    > SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP

    Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
    looking at the file contents?

    Okay,insert the CD and just go through the 'Readme' file.There you will
    find necessary information.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com wrote:
    > S.Sengupta wrote:
    >
    >>SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>ssg MS-MVP
    >

    > Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
    > looking at the file contents?

    Very easy.
    It will be clearly printed on your CD.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    <s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
    > looking at the file contents?

    It will be printed right on the Genuine Microsoft Windows XP CD itself.

    Is Your Copy of Windows XP Genuine?
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "s-y-n-e-r-g-y" wrote:

    | Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
    | looking at the file contents?

    file dates for sp2 aug 04 i think might be simple

    <s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > S.Sengupta wrote:
    >> SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
    > looking at the file contents?

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP