Purely by looking at the file contents of an Xp Pro CD is there a way
to spot if it includes SP1 or SP2?

Does SP2 include everything SP1 does? IE would I need to install SP1
then SP2 or just ignore sp1 and go to sp2?

SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

S.Sengupta wrote:
> SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP

Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
looking at the file contents?

Okay,insert the CD and just go through the 'Readme' file.There you will
find necessary information.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com wrote:
> S.Sengupta wrote:
>
>>SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
>>
>>regards,
>>ssg MS-MVP
>

> Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
> looking at the file contents?

Very easy.
It will be clearly printed on your CD.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

<s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
> looking at the file contents?

It will be printed right on the Genuine Microsoft Windows XP CD itself.

Is Your Copy of Windows XP Genuine?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"s-y-n-e-r-g-y" wrote:

| Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
| looking at the file contents?

file dates for sp2 aug 04 i think might be simple

<s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> S.Sengupta wrote:
>> SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
> looking at the file contents?

TRENDING THREADS