Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XP Pro SP2

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:16:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Purely by looking at the file contents of an Xp Pro CD is there a way
to spot if it includes SP1 or SP2?

Does SP2 include everything SP1 does? IE would I need to install SP1
then SP2 or just ignore sp1 and go to sp2?

More about : pro sp2

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:23:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com wrote:
> Purely by looking at the file contents of an Xp Pro CD is there a way
> to spot if it includes SP1 or SP2?
>
> Does SP2 include everything SP1 does? IE would I need to install SP1
> then SP2 or just ignore sp1 and go to sp2?
>
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:33:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

S.Sengupta wrote:
> SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP

Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
looking at the file contents?
Related resources
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:57:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Okay,insert the CD and just go through the 'Readme' file.There you will
find necessary information.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com wrote:
> S.Sengupta wrote:
>
>>SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
>>
>>regards,
>>ssg MS-MVP
>
>
> Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
> looking at the file contents?
>
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:01:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Very easy.
It will be clearly printed on your CD.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


<s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124386407.197181.316580@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
> looking at the file contents?
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:40:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It will be printed right on the Genuine Microsoft Windows XP CD itself.

Is Your Copy of Windows XP Genuine?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"s-y-n-e-r-g-y" wrote:

| Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
| looking at the file contents?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:19:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

file dates for sp2 aug 04 i think might be simple

<s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124386407.197181.316580@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> S.Sengupta wrote:
>> SP2 includes everything of SP1.Just go for SP2.
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Thx.. now is there a way to tell which SP this disk is that I have by
> looking at the file contents?
>
!