Slipstream SP2

If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?

thx 08/17/05
20 answers Last reply
More about slipstream

    What does it matter?
    If you want Windows XP, buy it as all honest people do.
    If you prefer to steal, go to a different newsgroup.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    <s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
    > serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?
    >
    > thx 08/17/05

    No. SP2 will not install on a "pirated" version of Windows XP,
    nor can it be slipstreamed in.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "s-y-n-e-r-g-y" wrote:

    | If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
    | serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?
    |
    | thx 08/17/05

    LOL. Still trying. A pirated version will always remain a Pirated version. Go and buy a legal version of XP and you will have solved your issue

    --
    Peter

    <s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1124385513.852637.233880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
    > serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?
    >
    > thx 08/17/05

    Try it and let us know..................
    peterk

    s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com schrieb:
    > If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
    > serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?

    No.

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 10:37 am, Carey Frisch
    [MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > No. SP2 will not install on a "pirated" version of Windows XP,
    > nor can it be slipstreamed in.

    More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

    In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    NoStop says...

    > More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".

    Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

    " NoStop" = Ignorant TROLL.

    "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
    > In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > NoStop says...
    >
    >> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
    >>

    > Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

    What I want to know is....
    How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is not
    slip streamable with sp2.

    Yes it will.

    "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
    > In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > NoStop says...
    >
    >> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
    >>

    > Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 06:47 pm, ByTor had this
    to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > NoStop says...
    >
    >> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
    >>

    > Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

    Tell that to people I know that are running the "corp" version that is
    upgraded to SP2. I haven't personally but I've seen them. So why don't you
    just goof off yourself as you obviously are an ignorant Wintard.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
    To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
    this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    >> NoStop says...
    >>
    >>> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
    >>>

    >> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.
    >>

    > What I want to know is....
    > How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is not
    > slip streamable with sp2.

    Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
    messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards.

    --

    In article <TOcNe.253804$s54.249199@pd7tw2no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    NoStop says...

    > begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 06:47 pm, ByTor had this
    > to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >
    > > In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > > NoStop says...
    > >
    > >> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
    > >>

    > > Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right..
    >
    > Tell that to people I know that are running the "corp" version that is
    > upgraded to SP2. I haven't personally but I've seen them. So why don't you
    > just goof off yourself as you obviously are an ignorant Wintard.

    Okay, IF YOU want to be specific......A non-blacklisted key will work.

    In article <mQcNe.250677$5V4.30688@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    NoStop says...
    > begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
    > this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >

    > > "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
    > >> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > >> NoStop says...

    > >> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.
    > >>

    > > What I want to know is....
    > > How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is not
    > > slip streamable with sp2.
    >
    > Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
    > messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards.

    The original posters question was "specific" as was the answers...A
    pirated "BLACKLISTED" key will not work & will be recognized by
    SP2.....Is that Wintard enough for ya....?

    In article <1pbNe.508$GV7.471@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com, pcbutts1 says...

    > Yes it will.

    If it's not blacklisted...........

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Friday 19 August 2005 01:36 am, ByTor had this to
    say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > In article <mQcNe.250677$5V4.30688@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > NoStop says...
    >> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
    >> this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >>

    >> > "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message

    >> > What I want to know is....
    >> > How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is
    >> > not slip streamable with sp2.
    >>
    >> Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
    >> messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards.
    >>

    > The original posters question was "specific" as was the answers...A
    > pirated "BLACKLISTED" key will not work & will be recognized by
    > SP2.....Is that Wintard enough for ya....?

    The OP didn't mention anything about a key nor did the hopeless MVP who
    responded to him. Re-read the damn thread you goof.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
    To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

    You can slipstream SP2 into a pirated copy of XP. The cd key has nothing to
    do with it.

    In article <zkmNe.1083$3F6.549@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com, pcbutts1 says...

    > You can slipstream SP2 into a pirated copy of XP. The cd key has nothing to
    > do with it.

    Does SP2 indeed verify legit key? Please define a "pirated" copy of an
    XP CD than if indeed the key is not a factor? It would just make it a
    backup copy than no? What defines a "pirated" copy/install is the use of
    an illegal key to install yes/no? A slipstream requires an install
    CD......
    Matter of symantecs I suppose.

    In article <FYlNe.264268$s54.51460@pd7tw2no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    NoStop says...
    > begin  trojan.vbs ... On Friday 19 August 2005 01:36 am, ByTor had this to
    > say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >
    > > In article <mQcNe.250677$5V4.30688@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
    > > NoStop says...
    > >> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
    > >> this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > >> Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
    > >> messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards..
    > >>

    > > The original posters question was "specific" as was the answers...A
    > > pirated "BLACKLISTED" key will not work & will be recognized by
    > > SP2.....Is that Wintard enough for ya....?
    >
    > The OP didn't mention anything about a key nor did the hopeless MVP who
    > responded to him. Re-read the damn thread you goof.

    Well Geeeeee whiz, the only way it is defined as pirated is the use of
    an illegal key........Helllllllllllo is this thing on........

    > In article <zkmNe.1083$3F6.549@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com, pcbutts1 says...
    >
    >> You can slipstream SP2 into a pirated copy of XP. The cd key has nothing
    >> do with it.
    >>

    > Does SP2 indeed verify legit key? Please define a "pirated" copy of an
    > XP CD than if indeed the key is not a factor? It would just make it a
    > backup copy than no? What defines a "pirated" copy/install is the use of
    > an illegal key to install yes/no? A slipstream requires an install
    > CD......
    > Matter of symantecs I suppose.

    I slipped sp2 into a copy of xp 2002
    it didn't ask for proof of purchase
    it didn't ask for any keys or numbers
    it simply made me a new .ISO which I burnt onto new blank CD
    anybody on this list could use it ... with my key, their key, your key,
    bluebirds key.

Microsoft Windows XP