If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?

thx 08/17/05

What does it matter?
If you want Windows XP, buy it as all honest people do.
If you prefer to steal, go to a different newsgroup.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

<s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
> serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?
>
> thx 08/17/05

No. SP2 will not install on a "pirated" version of Windows XP,
nor can it be slipstreamed in.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"s-y-n-e-r-g-y" wrote:

| If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
| serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?
|
| thx 08/17/05

LOL. Still trying. A pirated version will always remain a Pirated version. Go and buy a legal version of XP and you will have solved your issue

--
Peter

<s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1124385513.852637.233880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
> serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?
>
> thx 08/17/05

Try it and let us know..................
peterk

s-y-n-e-r-g-y@hotmail.com schrieb:
> If you slipstream SP2 onto a pirated Xp Pro disk does it bypass the
> serial/wga check and let you install w/ sp2?

No.

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 10:37 am, Carey Frisch
[MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> No. SP2 will not install on a "pirated" version of Windows XP,
> nor can it be slipstreamed in.

More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

bytor

In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
NoStop says...

> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".

Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> NoStop says...
>
>> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
>>

> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

What I want to know is....
How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is not
slip streamable with sp2.

Yes it will.

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> NoStop says...
>
>> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
>>

> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 06:47 pm, ByTor had this
to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> NoStop says...
>
>> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
>>

> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.

Tell that to people I know that are running the "corp" version that is
upgraded to SP2. I haven't personally but I've seen them. So why don't you
just goof off yourself as you obviously are an ignorant Wintard.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
>> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
>> NoStop says...
>>
>>> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
>>>

>> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.
>>

> What I want to know is....
> How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is not
> slip streamable with sp2.

Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards.

--

In article <TOcNe.253804$s54.249199@pd7tw2no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
NoStop says...

> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 06:47 pm, ByTor had this
> to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
> > In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> > NoStop says...
> >
> >> More total bullshit as expected from so many of your "answers".
> >>

> > Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right..
>
> Tell that to people I know that are running the "corp" version that is
> upgraded to SP2. I haven't personally but I've seen them. So why don't you
> just goof off yourself as you obviously are an ignorant Wintard.

Okay, IF YOU want to be specific......A non-blacklisted key will work.

bytor

In article <mQcNe.250677$5V4.30688@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
NoStop says...
> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
> this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>

> > "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> >> In article <Pt8Ne.246031$5V4.200339@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> >> NoStop says...

> >> Actually there Goofy, it won't work..............So the answer is right.
> >>

> > What I want to know is....
> > How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is not
> > slip streamable with sp2.
>
> Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
> messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards.

The original posters question was "specific" as was the answers...A
pirated "BLACKLISTED" key will not work & will be recognized by
SP2.....Is that Wintard enough for ya....?

bytor

In article <1pbNe.508$GV7.471@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com, pcbutts1 says...

> Yes it will.

If it's not blacklisted...........

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Friday 19 August 2005 01:36 am, ByTor had this to
say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> In article <mQcNe.250677$5V4.30688@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> NoStop says...
>> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
>> this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>>

>> > "ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message

>> > What I want to know is....
>> > How do all you guys with legit software know the gray market winXP is
>> > not slip streamable with sp2.
>>
>> Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
>> messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards.
>>

> The original posters question was "specific" as was the answers...A
> pirated "BLACKLISTED" key will not work & will be recognized by
> SP2.....Is that Wintard enough for ya....?

The OP didn't mention anything about a key nor did the hopeless MVP who
responded to him. Re-read the damn thread you goof.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

You can slipstream SP2 into a pirated copy of XP. The cd key has nothing to
do with it.

In article <zkmNe.1083$3F6.549@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com, pcbutts1 says...

> You can slipstream SP2 into a pirated copy of XP. The cd key has nothing to
> do with it.

Does SP2 indeed verify legit key? Please define a "pirated" copy of an
XP CD than if indeed the key is not a factor? It would just make it a
backup copy than no? What defines a "pirated" copy/install is the use of
an illegal key to install yes/no? A slipstream requires an install
CD......
Matter of symantecs I suppose.

bytor

In article <FYlNe.264268$s54.51460@pd7tw2no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
NoStop says...
> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Friday 19 August 2005 01:36 am, ByTor had this to
> say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
> > In article <mQcNe.250677$5V4.30688@pd7tw3no>, nostop@stopspam.com,
> > NoStop says...
> >> begin  trojan.vbs ... On Thursday 18 August 2005 07:14 pm, bumtracks had
> >> this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> >> Because MickeyMouse has told them it can't be done and they believe all
> >> messages they receive from up-on-high. That's what makes them Wintards..
> >>

> > The original posters question was "specific" as was the answers...A
> > pirated "BLACKLISTED" key will not work & will be recognized by
> > SP2.....Is that Wintard enough for ya....?
>
> The OP didn't mention anything about a key nor did the hopeless MVP who
> responded to him. Re-read the damn thread you goof.

Well Geeeeee whiz, the only way it is defined as pirated is the use of
an illegal key........Helllllllllllo is this thing on........

> In article <zkmNe.1083$3F6.549@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com, pcbutts1 says...
>
>> You can slipstream SP2 into a pirated copy of XP. The cd key has nothing
>> do with it.
>>

> Does SP2 indeed verify legit key? Please define a "pirated" copy of an
> XP CD than if indeed the key is not a factor? It would just make it a
> backup copy than no? What defines a "pirated" copy/install is the use of
> an illegal key to install yes/no? A slipstream requires an install
> CD......
> Matter of symantecs I suppose.

I slipped sp2 into a copy of xp 2002
it didn't ask for proof of purchase
it didn't ask for any keys or numbers
it simply made me a new .ISO which I burnt onto new blank CD
anybody on this list could use it ... with my key, their key, your key,
bluebirds key.