Sign in with
Your question

Best retailers for laptops

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 11, 2010 9:03:03 PM

Who have you guys found to offer the best deals on gaming laptops, online or in-store?

I've been looking for a laptop the last few days and I started on sites like newegg and tigerdirect... but browsing around some more I've actually found that bestbuy has better prices than both on many of the same models.

More about : retailers laptops

February 11, 2010 9:45:24 PM

Best deals for gaming laptops you'll more than likely find online. Brick-n-mortar stores tend to charge a premium to keep them on the shelf. Newegg and TigerDirect are good starting points. Though, more often than not, you end up having to go the "boutique" route for a gaming rig. In which case, check out
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
http://www.ibuypower.com
budget-friendly gaming laptops

Occasionally, though, you'll come across a damn good deal at retailers like Best Buy.

Best thing to do is once you've decided on a budget, check out the Sunday flyers for your local electronics dealers. If you find a product that meets you think will satisfy your gaming needs, try to find it online at a lower price.

Personally, I can't justify buying anything as fragile and pricey as a laptop over the internet. I've seen how UPS and FedEx "handle" the packages. So I bought mine at Best Buy. I'm just paranoid, though
m
l
February 12, 2010 12:20:11 AM

I wouldn't worry about the shipping part of it. Any online retailer worth their salt knows how to package notebooks as to not be damaged by the shipping.

Personally I hate going in to best buy simply because there's always some guy in there that doesn't know anything about anything, let alone the electronics he's selling. Then they'll try to tell you that the laptop you're buying wont work without their 250 dollar tune up service to "optimize" the OS. Makes me want to burn their stores to the ground.

I'd buy online. just dont be in a hurry, you have to shop around for the deals.
m
l
February 18, 2010 6:13:56 PM

trnddwn33 said:
I wouldn't worry about the shipping part of it. Any online retailer worth their salt knows how to package notebooks as to not be damaged by the shipping.

Personally I hate going in to best buy simply because there's always some guy in there that doesn't know anything about anything, let alone the electronics he's selling. Then they'll try to tell you that the laptop you're buying wont work without their 250 dollar tune up service to "optimize" the OS. Makes me want to burn their stores to the ground.

I'd buy online. just dont be in a hurry, you have to shop around for the deals.

I agree full heartedly with the whole Best Buy bit. I used to work for Circuit City in the warehouse before they started axing their best people (inevitably leading to their downfall), but I was called out to help on the sales floor on several occasions because I actually know what I was talking about and (more importantly) could translate "techno-babel" to plain English.
But as I said. I'm just paranoid. I trust online retailers like Newegg. I've purchased all the components for all of my desktop systems from them, with the exception of the monitor. It's not them. It's UPS, FedEx, and the like I'm worried about.
m
l
!