internet history

August 18, 2005 2:33:04 PM

In win 2k or XP if you click "start" then "run" and type in say... www.
all the websites that you've visited in some pre-determined time frame show
up. I can't remember how to delete those references, can someone help
refresh my memory?

--
cabogy

More about : internet history

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 5:51:11 PM

Cabogy--

I don't know a run command to bring up history--maybe there is one--let me
know if you find it but you can easily just go to IE
toolbar>Tools>Options>General (1st tab) and click Clear History button.

If you are after the autocomplete in the address bar, then

Tools>Options>Content Tab>Auto-Complete Button>Clear Forms.

You can easily also google for free 3rd party programs to do this, and IE
tweakers with them, but you hardly need them.

If it is the run box commands you are into, then this will hit the Internet

control inetcpl.cpl,,x

x is replaced by one of the following numbers)

a.. 0- general
b.. 1- security
c.. 2- privacy
d.. 3- content
e.. 4- connections
f.. 5- programs
g.. 6- advanced
Best,

Chad Harris
__________________

"cabogy" <cabogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In win 2k or XP if you click "start" then "run" and type in say... www.
> all the websites that you've visited in some pre-determined time frame
> show
> up. I can't remember how to delete those references, can someone help
> refresh my memory?
>
> --
> cabogy
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 5:51:12 PM

I should of stated this in the first place. All cookies and off-line files
were deleted.

Like I said it you were to click "start" then "run" and type in a web
address for example. www.yahoo.com, you will see a history of sites you
visited. I did Not hit the "OK" button as this will launch IE to the
specified site.
--
cabogy

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> Cabogy--
>
> I don't know a run command to bring up history--maybe there is one--let me
> know if you find it but you can easily just go to IE
> toolbar>Tools>Options>General (1st tab) and click Clear History button.
>
> If you are after the autocomplete in the address bar, then
>
> Tools>Options>Content Tab>Auto-Complete Button>Clear Forms.
>
> You can easily also google for free 3rd party programs to do this, and IE
> tweakers with them, but you hardly need them.
>
> If it is the run box commands you are into, then this will hit the Internet
>
> control inetcpl.cpl,,x
>
> x is replaced by one of the following numbers)
>
> a.. 0- general
> b.. 1- security
> c.. 2- privacy
> d.. 3- content
> e.. 4- connections
> f.. 5- programs
> g.. 6- advanced
> Best,
>
> Chad Harris
> __________________
>
> "cabogy" <cabogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In win 2k or XP if you click "start" then "run" and type in say... www.
> > all the websites that you've visited in some pre-determined time frame
> > show
> > up. I can't remember how to delete those references, can someone help
> > refresh my memory?
> >
> > --
> > cabogy

August 18, 2005 6:44:01 PM

Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the Run MRU, Typed
URL's and Clear List:

XP Start Menu:
You have to switch to Classic long enough to get the Clear button.
Right click the Start button | Properties | Select Classic Start Menu |
Customize button | Clear button | Click OK | Select Start menu | Click Apply
|Click OK

Classic Start Menu:
Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Clear button

Clear button
[[Removes the list of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites
from the Documents menu.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F1DF3CCD-29DE-4A4B-A24F-A4A9502D5A7B@microsoft.com,
cabogy <cabogy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I should of stated this in the first place. All cookies and off-line
> files were deleted.
>
> Like I said it you were to click "start" then "run" and type in a web
> address for example. www.yahoo.com, you will see a history of sites you
> visited. I did Not hit the "OK" button as this will launch IE to the
> specified site.
> --
> cabogy
>

> "Chad Harris" wrote:
>
>> Cabogy--
>>
>> I don't know a run command to bring up history--maybe there is one--let
>> me know if you find it but you can easily just go to IE
>> toolbar>Tools>Options>General (1st tab) and click Clear History button.
>>
>> If you are after the autocomplete in the address bar, then
>>
>> Tools>Options>Content Tab>Auto-Complete Button>Clear Forms.
>>
>> You can easily also google for free 3rd party programs to do this, and IE
>> tweakers with them, but you hardly need them.
>>
>> If it is the run box commands you are into, then this will hit the
>> Internet Options:
>>
>> control inetcpl.cpl,,x
>>
>> x is replaced by one of the following numbers)
>>
>> a.. 0- general
>> b.. 1- security
>> c.. 2- privacy
>> d.. 3- content
>> e.. 4- connections
>> f.. 5- programs
>> g.. 6- advanced
>> Best,
>>
>> Chad Harris
>> __________________
>>
>> "cabogy" <cabogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> In win 2k or XP if you click "start" then "run" and type in say... www.
>>> all the websites that you've visited in some pre-determined time frame
>>> show
>>> up. I can't remember how to delete those references, can someone help
>>> refresh my memory?
>>>
>>> --
>>> cabogy
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 7:26:15 PM

Thanks for the help people, but I don't want to Removes the list of recently
accessed documents, programs, and Web sites from the Documents menu, I know
how to do that.

I really need to be more specific (sorry)... click "start" "run" and then
type "www." into the "Open" command box, do NOT press "OK". You'll see a
list of websites that you can scroll through.

Thanks again.
--
cabogy

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the Run MRU, Typed
> URL's and Clear List:
>
> XP Start Menu:
> You have to switch to Classic long enough to get the Clear button.
> Right click the Start button | Properties | Select Classic Start Menu |
> Customize button | Clear button | Click OK | Select Start menu | Click Apply
> |Click OK
>
> Classic Start Menu:
> Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Clear button
>
> Clear button
> [[Removes the list of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites
> from the Documents menu.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:F1DF3CCD-29DE-4A4B-A24F-A4A9502D5A7B@microsoft.com,
> cabogy <cabogy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I should of stated this in the first place. All cookies and off-line
> > files were deleted.
> >
> > Like I said it you were to click "start" then "run" and type in a web
> > address for example. www.yahoo.com, you will see a history of sites you
> > visited. I did Not hit the "OK" button as this will launch IE to the
> > specified site.
> > --
> > cabogy
> >

> > "Chad Harris" wrote:
> >
> >> Cabogy--
> >>
> >> I don't know a run command to bring up history--maybe there is one--let
> >> me know if you find it but you can easily just go to IE
> >> toolbar>Tools>Options>General (1st tab) and click Clear History button.
> >>
> >> If you are after the autocomplete in the address bar, then
> >>
> >> Tools>Options>Content Tab>Auto-Complete Button>Clear Forms.
> >>
> >> You can easily also google for free 3rd party programs to do this, and IE
> >> tweakers with them, but you hardly need them.
> >>
> >> If it is the run box commands you are into, then this will hit the
> >> Internet Options:
> >>
> >> control inetcpl.cpl,,x
> >>
> >> x is replaced by one of the following numbers)
> >>
> >> a.. 0- general
> >> b.. 1- security
> >> c.. 2- privacy
> >> d.. 3- content
> >> e.. 4- connections
> >> f.. 5- programs
> >> g.. 6- advanced
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Chad Harris
> >> __________________
> >>
> >> "cabogy" <cabogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 9:29:40 PM

RunMRU listing - Sources
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rundel.htm

To remove an AutoComplete entry from a Web form, highlight the item in the
AutoComplete dropdown and press the Delete key.

To remove all Web form AutoComplete entries, go to the Internet Explorer
Tools menu, select Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete, then press the
"Clear Forms" button.

From IE Help...

To delete Autocomplete entries from the Address bar list

[[The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web
addresses, forms, and passwords. To delete entries from the Address bar, you
must clear your History folder. You cannot clear individual entries from the
list of saved entries.

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under History, click Clear History.

Notes
When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove
an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then pressing
the DELETE key. ]]

Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553

How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217148

Inline AutoComplete

[[Windows Explorer and the Run box both have AutoComplete capabilities, as
in Microsoft Internet Explorer. There are actually two forms of
AutoComplete. The first is an automatic suggestion, where you get a
drop-down list of sites with the same letters you have typed. The second is
where the line you are typing is automatically completed if you have typed
the same letters before. This is the Inline AutoComplete feature. The
first feature is turned on by default, but Inline AutoComplete is not. ]]
Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553
-----

Inline AutoComplete
[[Turned on, this option tells Internet Explorer to complete entries when
you type Web addresses in the Address bar, based on entries you've used
before. You can select the suggested entry by pressing ENTER, or choose
from a list of additional options by pressing the DOWN ARROW key until you
find the one you want, then pressing ENTER. This option can benefit people
with mobility impairments by helping save keystrokes. Users who find inline
AutoComplete distracting can turn it off.]]
Turn On or Turn Off Inline AutoComplete
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/ie6/inline.asp...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.