Undelete Formated HD

Hi
I had my hard disk reformatted and XP pro reinstalled on it and I have lost
30GB of files and emails.now I have added a new HD with XP pro.
Can I undelete original hard disk?
Any comment greatly appreciated

They are gone.

Consider it a "Backup" lesson.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"chess1ukuk" <chess1ukuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I had my hard disk reformatted and XP pro reinstalled on it and I have
> lost
> 30GB of files and emails.now I have added a new HD with XP pro.
> Can I undelete original hard disk?
> Any comment greatly appreciated

Without prohibitively expensive forensic services that could recover this
information (MIT has an ongoing project also in their comp science Ph.D.
program as do many universities that can recover from damaged formatted HDs
even off the edge of the HD) you probably can't.
You can always download a free trial of Exec Soft's Undelete at
www.undelete.com --they make the watered down defragger that MSFT chose to
ship with Windows XP and see what happens but that is usually in the context
of not formatting and depends like most recovery on how extensively you've
over-written the HD.

Kelly recommends a program in her A-Z that has this link that I can't make
work any longer but I believe it has the same context as Exec Soft's
undelete:
http://63.141.194.5/rescue/index.html

Best,

Chad Harris
_______________________________

"chess1ukuk" <chess1ukuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I had my hard disk reformatted and XP pro reinstalled on it and I have
> lost
> 30GB of files and emails.now I have added a new HD with XP pro.
> Can I undelete original hard disk?
> Any comment greatly appreciated

moimeme

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

no way - even more since you installed a fresh windows on it
allways backup data before format / new install !
and make backups to other drives ( best is drives not allways connected to
PC )
Phil
"chess1ukuk" <chess1ukuk@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
de news: E4F83CA1-78E7-43E4-9D50-6A0F213CB017@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I had my hard disk reformatted and XP pro reinstalled on it and I have
> lost
> 30GB of files and emails.now I have added a new HD with XP pro.
> Can I undelete original hard disk?
> Any comment greatly appreciated

http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

regards,