Split Screen 20 inch for web development?

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Does anyone know of reasonably priced 20 inch monitor that allows one to
split screens in half or quaters or view multiple applications in an elegant
fashion?

I am a web developer working off either an IBM thinkpad or Sony laptop
Windows Xp who also uses sql server, dreamweaver and photoshop for
webdevelopment purposes...

Any guidance appreciated. I do recall a collegue showing a sony style
monitor but I cannot track it down.

Best regards
Jason Stevens

Just get a second monitor. There does not appear to be such a monitor that
you can "split" into to display easily. However, with a multi-monitor
setup, you can do what you want, and it may be more affordable.

<jason@catamaranco.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of reasonably priced 20 inch monitor that allows one to
> split screens in half or quaters or view multiple applications in an
> elegant fashion?
>
> I am a web developer working off either an IBM thinkpad or Sony laptop
> Windows Xp who also uses sql server, dreamweaver and photoshop for
> webdevelopment purposes...
>
> Any guidance appreciated. I do recall a collegue showing a sony style
> monitor but I cannot track it down.
>
> Best regards
> Jason Stevens

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Well, this new model has just been released:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=SDMP234/B

Premier Pro Widescreen LCD display

ARe there any web developers/designers in the group who can offer there
viewpoints on the above?

I am on the verge of also getting into video editing and flash video...it
seems like a good product...but is it suited only towards Adobe Premier?

Many thanks
Jason