MN-100 blocking internet connections

I just switched from dsl dynamic ip isp to a static ip broadband cable
modem. I entered the static ip etc in the wan configuration. It works
fine except that every 5 or 10 minutes, my Internet connection is down
(or not available) for 3 - 6 minutes. When I look at the base station
log, it shows that the firewall is blocking incoming from some ip
addresses.
So I unchecked the box that enables the firewall. And clicked Apply.
Restarted the base station. But the log shows it still continues to
block incoming ip's intermittently.
I have firmware v1.11.017 and just installed the latest software
upgrade.
Any ideas?

First, turn the firewall back on. The incoming IP's that
are blocked are typically Internet port scans sometimes for
future attacks (if not an attack) -- everybody sees them.
Some attacks remain blocked even after the firewall is
turned down because of the NAT mechanism in the router.

I suggest you call the ISP, and ask whether you need to
assign the static IP or leave it as dynamic (they can
assign a dynamic IP to you that never changes -- my ISP has
done that), or as PPPoE. Sometimes, you also need some type
of login, and to assign the DNS servers manually.

You may also want to run a tracert to your ISP domain or
DNS IPs, and check where the traffic is down.

I solved my problem by buying a D-Link DI-604 broadband router.
Plugged it in and few minutes to configure and have had no problems.
The $40 was much cheaper than trying to figure out why my MS unit was
not working.