My windows update program is not functioning

:pfff: No one has honestly provided any answers or solutions to this problem I am running Windows 7 And I have attempted every solution offered but to no avail the Windows Update still does ot function properly
5 answers Last reply
More about windows update program functioning
  1. The likely reason is that you are using a pirated and unauthorized copy of Windows.
  2. ^ geofelt, Seems this problem is more common than you might think for legit versions - depending on his exact problem.
    But if a pirated version this problem is a given as you stated.

Legenprice, My wife's system had this problem, or very simular. It had failed service pac 1 update way back (she never mentioned that). This also prevented some Updates. For the life of me I could not fix.

Finally re-installed windows as a Upgrade over the top of Win 7. This corrected the problem - Had to re-download all windows updates. But not as bad as it souonds as all drivers and programs where still there. It Only "upgraded/overwrote the" core windows files.
  3. Another possible cause is that the date in the bios does not match the current date, causing Windows to think that it may be pirated.
  4. ^ Didn't think about that, but makes sense, as People try to "Fool" installation date.
  5. RetiredChief said:
    ^ geofelt, Seems this problem is more common than you might think for legit versions - depending on his exact problem.
    But if a pirated version this problem is a given as you stated.

Legenprice, My wife's system had this problem, or very simular. It had failed service pac 1 update way back (she never mentioned that). This also prevented some Updates. For the life of me I could not fix.

Finally re-installed windows as a Upgrade over the top of Win 7. This corrected the problem - Had to re-download all windows updates. But not as bad as it souonds as all drivers and programs where still there. It Only "upgraded/overwrote the" core windows files.

Well cheif My version of Windows 7 is certainly not a bootleg or pirated copy , I am not 100% certain if my service pk 1 failed to instll completely but that would make sense and perhaps this is a rational explanation I did reinstall windows previously and I believe I did not do the install properly hence when Service pk installeit may have caused this entire failure to occur I am going to create a Bk up disc of data and files I want to keep and then erase the Program and reinstall it as it was oriainally however your eplanation does seem the most viable Ty I will get back and let evyone in this site know how I fare....Over and OUT ! :sweat:
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows Update Product