My windows update program is not functioning

legendprice

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
:pfff: No one has honestly provided any answers or solutions to this problem I am running Windows 7 And I have attempted every solution offered but to no avail the Windows Update still does ot function properly

^ geofelt, Seems this problem is more common than you might think for legit versions - depending on his exact problem.
But if a pirated version this problem is a given as you stated.

Legenprice, My wife's system had this problem, or very simular. It had failed service pac 1 update way back (she never mentioned that). This also prevented some Updates. For the life of me I could not fix.

Finally re-installed windows as a Upgrade over the top of Win 7. This corrected the problem - Had to re-download all windows updates. But not as bad as it souonds as all drivers and programs where still there. It Only "upgraded/overwrote the" core windows files.

legendprice

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012

Well cheif My version of Windows 7 is certainly not a bootleg or pirated copy , I am not 100% certain if my service pk 1 failed to instll completely but that would make sense and perhaps this is a rational explanation I did reinstall windows previously and I believe I did not do the install properly hence when Service pk installeit may have caused this entire failure to occur I am going to create a Bk up disc of data and files I want to keep and then erase the Program and reinstall it as it was oriainally however your eplanation does seem the most viable Ty I will get back and let evyone in this site know how I fare....Over and OUT ! :sweat: