Cleaning Up The Dell "Detritus"

Hi all,

The McAfee Security Centre on my 4600 has recently expired
Now, every time i turn system on, it asks me to validate my
subscription, which i dont want to do, as i will install other
virus scan/firewall.
My question is will a simple "uninstall" take EVERYTHING away, or
will this nag screen come back to haunt me?

TIA

--
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

"purdy" <purdynospam@egremont.plus.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> The McAfee Security Centre on my 4600 has recently expired
> Now, every time i turn system on, it asks me to validate my
> subscription, which i dont want to do, as i will install other
> virus scan/firewall.
> My question is will a simple "uninstall" take EVERYTHING away, or
> will this nag screen come back to haunt me?
>
> TIA

An uninstall from add/remove programs in Control Panel should do the trick.
Be mindful that McAfee may have more than one entry to be removed there.

Stew