Daemion

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2005

I am having trouble with a user logging in to our domain. She is not able to
login from her Dell Optiplex 170L, but can login from any other computer on
the network. Every other user is able to login from her pc without any
problems. For some reason, only her specific login doesn't work on that
particular pc.

When she attempts to logon:
"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are
correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed
using the correct case."

*There are no errors reported on her system or on the domain controller.
*Deleting her profile makes no difference.
*Neither does deleting her Documents and Settings folders.
*Adding or removing her to or from any security group, including
Administrators is also ineffective
*If I reset her password she can log on, but only for about a day. After
that she only gets the error message mentioned above.

Does anyone know of a solution other than resetting her password on a daily
basis???

In article <47DD5672-E213-4687-9326-C6DD7664D2A6@microsoft.com>,
Daemion@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I am having trouble with a user logging in to our domain. She is not able to
> login from her Dell Optiplex 170L, but can login from any other computer on
> the network. Every other user is able to login from her pc without any
> problems. For some reason, only her specific login doesn't work on that
> particular pc.
>
> When she attempts to logon:
> "The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are
> correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed
> using the correct case."
>
> *There are no errors reported on her system or on the domain controller.
> *Deleting her profile makes no difference.
> *Neither does deleting her Documents and Settings folders.
> *Adding or removing her to or from any security group, including
> Administrators is also ineffective
> *If I reset her password she can log on, but only for about a day. After
> that she only gets the error message mentioned above.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution other than resetting her password on a daily
> basis???

Log on to her computer locally, open a CMD box, type IPCONFIG /ALL and
check it to make sure that the DOMAIN is proper, that the DNS points to
your DNS server INSIDE your network, and that she's getting a proper
address.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me