What Power Supply?

Have a 8300 with 2 hard disks and 2 rom drives. Would like to up grade video
to Radeon 9800 Pro. Sys req. for the card says I need a 300W power supply.
What is the wattage of the stock power supply in the 8300? Any thoughs?
Thanks.

I have the 8300, 2 - 120 gig internal hard drives, 1 - 120 gig external
and a 128 Meg ATI Radeon 9800 (not actually the Pro). I have DVD rom
drive and a DVD R/W drive, 2 printers and 1 scanner. I also installed a
D-Link USB 2.0 hub because I'm not laying on the floor to try and use
the front USB ports. Dell has always been noted for higher quality
power supply.

Joan

trum979 wrote:
> Have a 8300 with 2 hard disks and 2 rom drives. Would like to up grade video
> to Radeon 9800 Pro. Sys req. for the card says I need a 300W power supply.
> What is the wattage of the stock power supply in the 8300? Any thoughs?
> Thanks.

Of what significance are the 2 printers and 1 scanner to the
load on the PC's power supply? How about the D-Link
USB hub?

*TimDaniels*

"Joan Hansen" wrote:
> I have the 8300, 2 - 120 gig internal hard drives, 1 - 120 gig external
> and a 128 Meg ATI Radeon 9800 (not actually the Pro). I have DVD rom
> drive and a DVD R/W drive, 2 printers and 1 scanner. I also installed a
> D-Link USB 2.0 hub because I'm not laying on the floor to try and use
> the front USB ports. Dell has always been noted for higher quality
> power supply.
>
> Joan
>
> trum979 wrote:
> > Have a 8300 with 2 hard disks and 2 rom drives. Would like to up grade video
> > to Radeon 9800 Pro. Sys req. for the card says I need a 300W power supply.
> > What is the wattage of the stock power supply in the 8300? Any thoughs?
> > Thanks.

woody

Mine has a 305 watt ps. Running a 9800 Pro, 2 hd's and 2 cd's. No issues.