Black Out Problem....need help

I just bought a Black Rose pinball game. I know it's not the most
popular game, but I bought it for some of my family that are
intimidated by the more complex games I own. My question or problem I
am having is after the game is turned on and a game is started then
push the right flipper one time or maybe a few times the game blacks
out and then comes back on like you have turned the machine on/off
switch. The machine will continue this problem if you start again and
push the right flipper or it maybe let you play a little before it
blacks out again. This problem started ever so often and has progress
now to almost every time you turn on the game. Any help or suggestions
on were to start to fix this problem would be
appreciated......Thanks.....Mike Willett

There are literally at least a dozen things that can cause this type of
"reset" problem.

For a list of possible causes and solutions, as well as easy/quick things
you can check, see our website at: www.actionpinball.com in the "Technical
Articles" section. We have an article there that addresses typical pinball
"reset" problems like this that will most likely help you find the cause of
the problem.

Hope that helps!

Ray J
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Mike Willett" <mj.willett@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I just bought a Black Rose pinball game. I know it's not the most
> popular game, but I bought it for some of my family that are
> intimidated by the more complex games I own. My question or problem I
> am having is after the game is turned on and a game is started then
> push the right flipper one time or maybe a few times the game blacks
> out and then comes back on like you have turned the machine on/off
> switch. The machine will continue this problem if you start again and
> push the right flipper or it maybe let you play a little before it
> blacks out again. This problem started ever so often and has progress
> now to almost every time you turn on the game. Any help or suggestions
> on were to start to fix this problem would be
> appreciated......Thanks.....Mike Willett

http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm Study up on resets. This time of year be
sure you don't have the game plugged into an outlet that has an air
conditioner or other heavy appliance on it. If all good there, study up on
the 5 volt section where your cpu gets power from, you may have a flaky
bridge recifier on that board. LTG :)