when I try to type £ into yahoo messenger it comes out as J.
Any ideas? Have checked my language settings are UK.

Does it happen in yahoo messenger only?

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

simon bullock wrote:

> when I try to type £ into yahoo messenger it comes out as J.
> Any ideas? Have checked my language settings are UK.

well, it seemed to happen here too...£ sign is typing ok now, let's see if it
sends ok

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Does it happen in yahoo messenger only?
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> simon bullock wrote:
>
> > when I try to type £ into yahoo messenger it comes out as J.
> > Any ideas? Have checked my language settings are UK.

It shows the correct symbol in notepad, word and messenger. Trouble is when I
SEND a message it becomes a J