Uninstall xp pro return to original xp home

I installed xp pro on my pavilion a430n computer. It installed xp pro in a
new folder windows1. I lost all of my hp programs and help, even f 10 would
not work. I want to go back to original home xp without losing any programs
,files, drivers, ect. Nothing is working in xp pro. I can still see all files
and folders and original windows folder.Thanks for your help. Gerald P. Wagner
1 answer Last reply
More about uninstall return original home

    HP's usually come with 2 recovery options - a non-destructive and a
    destructive. You want the non-destructive - you'll have to check your HP
    documentation on how to do this - it has something to do with HP Tools in
    your Start Menu.

    "wags36" wrote:

    > I installed xp pro on my pavilion a430n computer. It installed xp pro in a
    > new folder windows1. I lost all of my hp programs and help, even f 10 would
    > not work. I want to go back to original home xp without losing any programs
    > ,files, drivers, ect. Nothing is working in xp pro. I can still see all files
    > and folders and original windows folder.Thanks for your help. Gerald P. Wagner

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP