corrupt hard drive!

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

I am currently fixing a compaq for my sister and run into a
problem. The drive was formatted with 2 partitions, one for
OS and one for system recovery. I have put windows 2000 on
the recovery partiton and it boots up fine. Now when I try
and read the other partition, only some files/folders show up.
If I look in some directories it says that it is corrupt. Is
there any way to recover these files? My sister wants to save some
files from this drive, but I can't get to them. If possible
I'd like to use any free utilities. Thanks in advance!

Jason

What was the previous OS?

have you tried booting with a w98 disk and seeing the partitions with Fdisk?

what does it show with Fdisk what type of partitions are you using?

In theory w2K Should see any Fat16/32 and / or NTFS.

--
Juan Pablo Rojas
Graphic Designer - Developer