Sign in with
Your question

Logitech X-240 vs. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Last response: in Home Audio
December 20, 2010 2:20:13 AM

I know that the Klipsch are much higher quality, but what are the main differences that I'll notice? I'm in slow process of building a nice computer, so I want some nice speakers. I currently have the X-240s and I've heard that the ProMedias are the best 2.1 speakers out there for the money. Thanks in advance
December 20, 2010 5:38:46 PM

Well, they are both tiny little overpriced speakers, so it depends on which one sounds best to you. For little speakers, there is not a huge difference in sound quality. If you want real hi fi speakers, all tiny speakers are eliminated from the choice.
Bigger speakers sound much better, but cost more.
m
l
December 20, 2010 11:22:54 PM

Yes, I know. I've done a lot of research. I can't afford, nor do I want bookshelf speakers or really anything that needs an amp. I know that it is "much better than smaller speakers", but I just don't have $600 to blow on a sound system. Please do not slam my question for no reason.
m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2010 6:39:49 PM

I think the point I am trying to make is that tiny speakers have substandard sound quality.
m
l
December 22, 2010 5:27:55 AM

Can someone actually answer the question? I really don't want larger speakers.

What is your speaker "standard" soundguruman?
m
l
December 28, 2010 8:14:06 PM

Well, I decided to take your advice. My dad had some old JBL 2500's lying around and an ancient Sony TA-F30 amp.. I must say, it does sound great, even with old components. It looks good on my desk as well.
m
l
!