Need Help Regarding Network Drivers

GunnerKenny

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys,

In need of help here as I am fairly stuck. My place of work has recently replaced all our computers wit newer versions and were disposing of the old ones so I asked if I could take one home for my parents. The IT guy said yes but he had to completely wipe it, OS and everything, so this left it completely blank. I took this home and installed a version of Windows XP Professional Edition that one of my friends had. This installed correctly but I then tried to hardwire my network cable from my router to the modem and access the net to download whatever else I may need but have ran into an error.

When I start IE I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error so I try to diagnose the connection problems and receive an error which reads:

"Windows could not detect any wired or wireless network cards installed on your machine. If you are connecting to the Internet through your phone line using a dial-up connection you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider. Otherwise please make sure that the network card drivers are installed properly, or contact the manufacturer of your personal computer for further assistance."

Now I have tried to download the network drivers from the HP website but the would not download to the PC. I am totally stuck now so if anyone could shed some light I would be very grateful. Here is the system information:

Product Name: HP Compaq dc5700 Small Form Factor
SKU Number: GE008ET#ABU
Using: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz

Thanks in advance,
Kenny

You do need the drivers for the network card so if you could try to see what brand it is you could go to the manufacturers support web page for their drivers.
It sounds kind of odd that you couldn't downlaod the drivers from the HP site , where you putting in the correct Operating Syatem for the driver selection and 32 bit or 64 bit ?