I'm trying to install Java Runtime Envirnonment and I keep getting a message
that says "The SYstem administrator has set policies to prevent this
installation" I have only one account on the PC and it is set as
administrator. How do I find out how to alter the policies on installation
so that I can do this.

Thanx

Start>Run>Regedit>ok

now navigate to the following key:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
Windows\Installer

here the registry value must be 0(zero)

Ref:-
'DisableMSI'
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/disablemsi.asp

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

MAL wrote:

> I'm trying to install Java Runtime Envirnonment and I keep getting a message
> that says "The SYstem administrator has set policies to prevent this
> installation" I have only one account on the PC and it is set as
> administrator. How do I find out how to alter the policies on installation
> so that I can do this.
>
> Thanx

thanks for this. All works well now

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Start>Run>Regedit>ok
>
> now navigate to the following key:-
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
> Windows\Installer
>
> here the registry value must be 0(zero)
>
> Ref:-
> 'DisableMSI'
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/disablemsi.asp
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> MAL wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install Java Runtime Envirnonment and I keep getting a message
> > that says "The SYstem administrator has set policies to prevent this
> > installation" I have only one account on the PC and it is set as
> > administrator. How do I find out how to alter the policies on installation
> > so that I can do this.
> >
> > Thanx

job

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I have the same msg as MAL when I try to instal an enterprise version
(university provided), of McAfee Virus Scan 8. The fix provided does not
work for me. Any Ideas

"MAL" wrote:

> thanks for this. All works well now
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>
> > Start>Run>Regedit>ok
> >
> > now navigate to the following key:-
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
> > Windows\Installer
> >
> > here the registry value must be 0(zero)
> >
> > Ref:-
> > 'DisableMSI'
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/disablemsi.asp
> >
> > regards,
> > ssg MS-MVP
> >
> > MAL wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to install Java Runtime Envirnonment and I keep getting a message
> > > that says "The SYstem administrator has set policies to prevent this
> > > installation" I have only one account on the PC and it is set as
> > > administrator. How do I find out how to alter the policies on installation
> > > so that I can do this.
> > >
> > > Thanx

Hancerlioglu

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
If you cant uninstall it try Microsoft fix it, and if you have the offline version of Java and cant install it try Microsoft fix it again. Otherwise go to properties and remove the blocking thing and try install it.