Picture and Fax Viewer

I have found a bug in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer(WPFV). In school I did a
little prgramming, so I'll use a little Java-speak to explain this bug.

It goes as follows:

1. Open a file in WPFV. I do this by clicking an icon for a .JPEG file on my
desktop.
The picture is on the screen now.
2. Give any available button a mouse-down event, but not a mouse-up event.
It will remain looking as though it is being pressed by the mouse.

You can reproduce my problem by attempting to 'drag' the buttons (though the
buttons will not move, this illustrates how to reproduce the problem) from
their proper locations.

If this description is not sufficient, here's a third attempt:
1. Choose a button.
2. Point your mouse at it.
3. Press and hold the mouse button.
4. Move the mouse pointer off the button.
5. Release the button.

I have successfully made every single button look as though it is being
pressed simultaneously using this method.

Not on my computer! Highlight turns on on the mouse-down event. Highlight
turns off on the mouse-out event. Action takes place on the mouse-up event.

"jq3bn1" <jq3bn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have found a bug in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer(WPFV). In school I did
> little prgramming, so I'll use a little Java-speak to explain this bug.
>
> It goes as follows:
>
> 1. Open a file in WPFV. I do this by clicking an icon for a .JPEG file on
> my
> desktop.
> The picture is on the screen now.
> 2. Give any available button a mouse-down event, but not a mouse-up event.
> It will remain looking as though it is being pressed by the mouse.
>
> You can reproduce my problem by attempting to 'drag' the buttons (though
> the
> buttons will not move, this illustrates how to reproduce the problem) from
> their proper locations.
>
> If this description is not sufficient, here's a third attempt:
> 1. Choose a button.
> 2. Point your mouse at it.
> 3. Press and hold the mouse button.
> 4. Move the mouse pointer off the button.
> 5. Release the button.
>
> I have successfully made every single button look as though it is being
> pressed simultaneously using this method.

TRENDING THREADS