Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

DL and Annando (and anyone else who may be able to help)

Here is the command line from the start up (from Spybot)
referring to my faulty sound card - it also says that it cannot be found ?

Located: HK_LM:Run, Cmaudio
command: RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RunDll32.exe
size: 33280
MD5: da285490bbd8a1d0ce6623577d5ba1ff

Thanks

Jim

I did a little search and you definitly have a Cmedia sound card or chip on
the motherboard........which one??
The thing to do is to remove all drivers related to Cmedia under control
panel./add&remove.
Then uninstall under device manager the sound card/chip
then restart XP and see if it will redetect the soundcard.
If it still does not detect the sound card physically remove the card from
the computer and reboot without.
Just the card....you cannot do this with a build in sound chip on the
motherboard.
Then reinstall the card and boot again.
Originally you should have had a CD with the drivers .........look for it
because you will need to install them.
If this is a sound card open the case and look very carefully at the card
...somewhere on there will be a chip number...9688 for example.
http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/companies/222.htm
http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm

If none of that works download Everest and run it.It displays info on your
system including sound card/chipset.
From there you should be able to find the right drivers.

Try to reply in the same tread.............I aint lookin all over for a
reply.........
peterk

"jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
> DL and Annando (and anyone else who may be able to help)
>
> Here is the command line from the start up (from Spybot)
> referring to my faulty sound card - it also says that it cannot be found ?
>

> Located: HK_LM:Run, Cmaudio
> command: RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
> file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RunDll32.exe
> size: 33280
> MD5: da285490bbd8a1d0ce6623577d5ba1ff
>

> Thanks