XP Pro Logo Gone at Startup

I noticed that my desktop startup logo says Windows XP even though I have XP
Pro loaded. My laptop shows a startup logo that says Windows XP
Professional. Why the difference?
2 answers Last reply
More about logo startup

    Mark

    Your laptop does not have SP2 installed.. SP2 removes the
    'Home/Professional' from the splash screen..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Mark Weggeland" <MarkWeggeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I noticed that my desktop startup logo says Windows XP even though I have
    >XP
    > Pro loaded. My laptop shows a startup logo that says Windows XP
    > Professional. Why the difference?

    "Mark Weggeland" <MarkWeggeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I noticed that my desktop startup logo says Windows XP even though I have
    >XP
    > Pro loaded. My laptop shows a startup logo that says Windows XP
    > Professional. Why the difference?

    Your laptop obviously has Service Pack 2. All machines that are pre SP2
    show Home or Professional during the startup. It was removed by SP2.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP