XP Pro Logo Gone at Startup

August 18, 2005 9:38:22 PM

I noticed that my desktop startup logo says Windows XP even though I have XP
Pro loaded. My laptop shows a startup logo that says Windows XP
Professional. Why the difference?

More about : pro logo startup

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:50:48 AM

Mark

Your laptop does not have SP2 installed.. SP2 removes the
'Home/Professional' from the splash screen..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Mark Weggeland" <MarkWeggeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I noticed that my desktop startup logo says Windows XP even though I have
>XP
> Pro loaded. My laptop shows a startup logo that says Windows XP
> Professional. Why the difference?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:30:50 AM

"Mark Weggeland" <MarkWeggeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I noticed that my desktop startup logo says Windows XP even though I have
>XP
> Pro loaded. My laptop shows a startup logo that says Windows XP
> Professional. Why the difference?

Your laptop obviously has Service Pack 2. All machines that are pre SP2
show Home or Professional during the startup. It was removed by SP2.
!