What is the longets drive you ever made...

5 hours one way. I bought a STT*NG from epay last year. I saw the
listing at the last hour of the auction and decided to take a chance
because it was going cheap. It was advertised as working 100% and in
very good condition. Once i got there i was surprised to find it was in
near mint condition! However it did have a switch error and 2 lines out
on the dmd so i offered him $200 less and he took it and i drove away
with a beautiful pin and a BIG smile for cheap!
Ray

I'm gearing up to do a 700 mile round trip one day extravaganza a week
from today. Should be about 16 hours total. I have three books on
tape all set for the ride! I did one slightly shorter at around 600
miles about a month ago. Got on the road at 3AM and was back by 6PM.

I love the road warrior feeling with a pin or two in the back and a
smile on my face.

h_h

Butler Pa, to Allentown, to Harrisburg, to Johnstown then back to
Butler. 5:30 am to 11:30 pm . . . alone! What a day . . . but then it
WAS Allentown!!!! 2 years ago did Butler, to York, to Philly, to Butler
in a day. All in the name of pinball!!!!
Pat in PA

heckheck wrote:
> I'm gearing up to do a 700 mile round trip one day extravaganza a week
> from today. Should be about 16 hours total. I have three books on
> tape all set for the ride! I did one slightly shorter at around 600
> miles about a month ago. Got on the road at 3AM and was back by 6PM.
>
> I love the road warrior feeling with a pin or two in the back and a
> smile on my face.
>
> h_h

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

> To pick up a pin?

2600 miles round trip, vegas to seattle and back.

Was it worth it??

At the time yes, now after many years it was not worth it.

Now, I only go as far as 400 miles one way for a pin.
anything over, just ship it.

Troy,

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

I have the "King of Road Trips" Coming back to my place Friday,
( Brian Saunders ) << Spelled right this time =),
Chicago ( I think ) to South Carolina is about 20 hours one way &
knowing him he'll have other places to go as well, If he dont turn
Green & get sick on me again, We might be taking 2 Great Friends to
Dinner,,, Hes a Great Guy to Boot !!

Pin-Del, =)

sorry that's longest
"Brian J. Newman" <newmanb4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

I seem to remember this same question being asked a few months back- you may
want to check www.google.com for past archived newsgroup articles...

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

> sorry that's longest
> "Brian J. Newman" <newmanb4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

Longest drive? Probably about 250 yards straight down the middle of the
fairway.

However, the best ball I hit was the one I hit when I stepped on the
rake in the sand trap.

I've done a couple of long ones. The one to Del's house in SC and back
was just a medium one for me, even though he doesn't believe it. Can't
explain why I got nauseated while there, got kind of overheated loading
machines in the still humid air I guess. I recovered and drove on.
I remember another trip where I left at 11 PM Friday night for a
weekender to Little Rock AR for an early morning Saturday pickup, then
on to Ft. Worth TX, Vicksburg MS, Jacksonville MS, Bob Graham's place
in central TN, and back home to central IL by 4 AM Monday morning. Had
to work at the real job 8-5 Monday too. Yawn....
The other long one was that trip to the middle of Quebec and back with
12 pinball stops all over the Northeast and Canada. That one was a
three and a half day'er.
Now there's also been some discussion here in the shop whether or not
it's possible to make it from east central IL to Seattle and back in 90
hours. I've got two games sitting here that need to go there and I'm
looking at this closely for bet takers!
Brian Saunders Pinballs of the Past Lerna, Il.

pt

About 350 yards at the Magnolia course in Disney world. The fairway
was baked hard and I got a good bounce.

John

Longest drive..... 18th hole at Augusta...
Cinderella story...former greenskeeper.. about to become, the Masters
champion.....

On 6 Jul 2005 20:24:47 -0700, "PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> wrote:

>About 350 yards at the Magnolia course in Disney world. The fairway
>was baked hard and I got a good bounce.

I did a 300 yard drive in February. Amazing how well the ball bounces
on frozen turf.

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

45 Minutes From Augusta & I can "Drive" that far =)

Brian, Whats for dinner Friday ??, Will be looking for you & hope you
bring that new Trailor ,
Hate to tell ya, But the heat is worse now than that 1st Trip, Come on
!! We're looking forward to seeing you , If you need to Sleep, ( ( I
know he will ) I got things ready for you !
Take Care & Drive Safe !!

Pin-Del, =)
PS, I play Golf in the 70's.!!!
If its any hotter than that, I DONT Play !! =)

1,425 miles, (each way), two different times.

WWFRR first time.

Laser Cue second time.

Yes, worth it both times!!

--
Fred
TX

"Brian J. Newman" <newmanb4@comcast.net> wrote
> To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

Multiple trips to NC from VA for several pins and a MAME cabinet -- roughly
500+ miles round trip each time. Thats about the furthest I have gone so
far and yes the deals were worth it. My MB came from Kansas City but it
flew here and I got from the airport, LOL!

Greg

"Mike" <muddeatrNO@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> I've done a round trip in 1 day from Philly to Pgh to Philly, 600 + miles.
>
> --
> Mike S.
> http://www.muddeatr.com
>

> "Brian J. Newman" <newmanb4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

Fraser Valley B.C. to Fairmont Hot Springs on the Alberta /B.C. Border,
almost 1600 KMs (960 miles) round trip. Left 7 am Saturday Morning,
back 3 am Sunday morning. Traded a Demo Man for a BanzaI Run. Not as
far but much more of an adventure, Vancouver to Bend Oregon, thru snow
and an ice storm, slept in the truck. Well worth it to pick up a MM.
Going to California Extreme this year, hopefully will pick up something
to make a new personal distance record ;-)

DG

I bought a couple in KY and brought them to North Florida. That's a little
over 600 miles. One was High Speed and the other Pinbot. Both were dead but
easy to fix. At $400 for both it was worth it.

Mark Hooks

"Brian J. Newman" <newmanb4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

Nomad

Sacramento to L.A. (got there in 6 hours door to door!) but took 9
hours on the way back. If you miss getting on the freeway down there by
15 min you can easily add 2 hours to your commute, it's insane. Oh and
rush hour begins at like 2 to 3 pm. Scored 4 woodrail games for free
though: Hayburners, Turf Champ. Happy Days, and Lite A Card. Not a bad
haul actually:)

nomad

10 1/2 hours each way, for my Kiss machine. The guy had the game and my
money so i had no choice.....

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

<ballgum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Butler Pa, to Allentown, to Harrisburg, to Johnstown then back to
> Butler. 5:30 am to 11:30 pm . . . alone! What a day . . . but then it
> WAS Allentown!!!! 2 years ago did Butler, to York, to Philly, to Butler
> in a day. All in the name of pinball!!!!
> Pat in PA
>

> heckheck wrote:
> > I'm gearing up to do a 700 mile round trip one day extravaganza a week
> > from today. Should be about 16 hours total. I have three books on
> > tape all set for the ride! I did one slightly shorter at around 600
> > miles about a month ago. Got on the road at 3AM and was back by 6PM.
> >
> > I love the road warrior feeling with a pin or two in the back and a
> > smile on my face.
> >
> > h_h

Biddeford Maine to Front Royal VA. for my Cyclopes. 1224 miles, 22 hours
straight down and back alone.
Biddefrord Me. To Hagarstown Md. ( Lloyds) a few times rounnd trip. stops
were just enough time to load the truck and trailer and head right back.
1100 miles, 20 hours.

On 7/6/05 6:19 PM, in article UbidnWGKU9xk-1HfRVn-qA@comcast.com, "Brian J.
Newman" <newmanb4@comcast.net> wrote:

> To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

Indiana to Atlanta to Raleigh, NC and back to Indiana. I think it was 1300
miles maybe. Left at 4:00 pm on a Friday evening and got home around
midnight Saturday night. Got two extremely nice condition games, Sky Line
and Old Chicago. Definitely was worth the trip. Could have done it faster
but had to go the speed limit as my plates expired the day I left. I
realized it just as I was leaving the house that day.

Now Brian Saunders, he'll have the longest distance story of anyone. ;-)

Marvin G.
EM Pinball, And Nothing But!
http://mysite.verizon.net/~woodrails

On Wed, 06 Jul, Brian J. Newman wrote:
> To pick up a pin? Was it worth it??

Went from NC to northwestern NJ and back in a day. Was there three hours

That's the longest in one day. Did a multiday trip from NC all the way up
through MD, then NH, then Erie, PA (hi, Chris!), then back home.

--Donnie

TRENDING THREADS