Notebook HD Upgrade Help

August 19, 2005 12:03:51 AM

Hi Everybody,
Have XP installed on my 20GB notebook drive and I want to copy it (make an
exact bootable duplicate) to a new 40GB drive.
I have a USB external case that I can use to connect the 40GB drive.
Any suggestions on what method/software utilities would work best? Don't
want to spend a lot.
Thanks for the help!

More about : notebook upgrade

August 19, 2005 1:35:55 AM

have u tried norton ghost??

"Scot" wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
> Have XP installed on my 20GB notebook drive and I want to copy it (make an
> exact bootable duplicate) to a new 40GB drive.
> I have a USB external case that I can use to connect the 40GB drive.
> Any suggestions on what method/software utilities would work best? Don't
> want to spend a lot.
> Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:08:55 AM

You can use either Trueimage or Norton Ghost to clone your disk to the
new one, while it is in the external case. Then you can simply swap the
disk in your notebook.
August 21, 2005 1:24:28 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!
!