Need a refurb PC that will do what I need

yeo1976

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi

I'm having major issues with my PC - I will give more on that later, but we were going to buy a cheap refurb anyway, so i'm asking for advice on that here.

I am currently skint - and I mean skint :( So I have to go as cheap as I can for now.

All we require is a very basic PC that we can get onto the internet, watch online videos/TV and for me to run DVD editing software - I did that with my old Win XP that was umpteen years old.

The only games that are played are Football Manager type games, so no major graphics.

I have the options of these.

Brand - Dell
Model - Dell OptiPlex GX620 Desktop PC
Form Factor - Small Form Factor (SFF)
Processor - Pentium D 2.8GHz (Like 5.6Ghz)
Hard Disk Capacity - 160GB Sata
Memory - 4GB DDR-2
Optical Drive: DVD/RW
Windows 7 Pro
Integrated/On-Board Graphics

or

HP DC5750
Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2
RAM : 4Gb DDR2-5300 (upgradeable to 8gb with 4 banks of RAM)
Optical Drive - DVD Multirecorder
Hard Drive : SATA 160Gb
Operating System : Windows 7 64bit SP1
Integrated/On-Board Graphics

Now, I think these will be ok, but I have a couple of concerns.

Are these likely to have ethernet ports and are the integrated graphics good enough for football manager and online tv viewing?

We use the PC alot, but we don't need a huge gaming system. Just enough to keep someone watching the TV/Videos online and the running of the football manager games and enough for me to encode basic videos etc.

Thanks for any help - I hope i'm in the right place - I am new - I had to join after coming across you so many times on google! :pt1cable:

PS - I know one is dell and one is HP, but I didn't know where to put this, so I didn't want to duplicate and put one in Dell and one in HP.

There are refurbished Dells with identical specs as the Dell you posted going for $200 to $300 with an inexpensive graphics card. Dell Optiplex 755

On-board graphics will not be suitable for any decent games.

yeo1976

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thanks for your reply.

I am very limited moneywise for a short while (I was going to wait, that was until this PC started freezing all the time and no-one can sort it out)

We don't wish to play any major games - it's literally Football Manager that I play and that's just about it for now, along with watching television/videos etc online - we won't play any of these hi-tech games. We just want a non sticking PC that works.

Thanks for your help, I am looking at that PC now.

TRENDING THREADS