Sign in with
Your question

HP Pavillion dv7 black screen.

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 2, 2013 3:05:39 AM

bow21 For hp pavilion dv7-

excessive or above normal heat felt on the key board as well as the bottom of laptop.Also hearing the sink fan would start while playing on line (WoT). game would start to freeze up. It would not respond to any commands. shut down only by holding the power button.

I decided to disassemble the laptop and clean out the inside of the sink fan. i knew just by blowing it out with an air can does not get all the blocking material that is inside.
After assembling it back together- it would turn on but the monitor dose not.It stays pitch black. Even using a separate monitor hook up to the external video port i get the same result.

I did this twice thinking i have mist something in the reassembling proses and i get the same result.

please!!!

I could really use a professional advise to what it can or is wrong with it.can it be fix,how much to fix it or a long shot, Can "i" fix it.

thank you
a b α HP
February 2, 2013 3:44:00 PM

In taking your laptop apart you may have loosened the video card if you have a seperate discrete card in the laptop or the cable connecting the screen is loose and needs to be tightened. When your taking it apart to find the issue your most likely only looking at what you did and not what you may have done by accident. So if you want to try again and this time check the video card and the cable going to the screen.
If not then take it to a repair shop and have them do it but you do want to not give the repair shop the impression that you don't know what your doing or they may try to repair things that are not broken.
So it's your choice and laptops are very hard to deal with because of the tight space and small parts. But I think you may have accidently loosened something.
m
l
!