Service Control manager

Constant error message in event viewer, the event id is 7000 and the
description is Remote Access Conection Manager failed to start.
Please I need immediate assistance to resolve this issue

Thanks
11 answers Last reply
More about service control manager

    Kingboat wrote:

    > Constant error message in event viewer, the event id is 7000 and the
    > description is Remote Access Conection Manager failed to start.
    > Please I need immediate assistance to resolve this issue
    >
    > Thanks

    http://www.eventid.net/
    Type in the event number. See if there are any entries referring to
    your issues.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Click the [+] Related Knowledge Base articles to see more
    ID: 7000
    Source: Service Control Manager
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=Service+Control+Manager&EvtID=7000&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1425669E-1322-4206-BA97-7A08700A7D7B@microsoft.com,
    Kingboat <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Constant error message in event viewer, the event id is 7000 and the
    > description is Remote Access Conection Manager failed to start.
    > Please I need immediate assistance to resolve this issue
    >
    > Thanks

    Kingboat,

    In the Event Viewer, click the copy button at the top and copy the whole
    event and paste it to a Notepad document and save it. Post the information
    here.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Constant error message in event viewer, the event id is 7000 and the
    > description is Remote Access Conection Manager failed to start.
    > Please I need immediate assistance to resolve this issue
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for your prompt reply, below is a copy of the event viewer error msg.
    I have not changed any service password. But I did reset the administrator's
    password. If that's is the problem then I need your help as to how to restore
    that, what actually brought me here is VNC server is more working. I want
    someone to enter system via VNC and RDC and he can't get in that is what
    made me check to find the error msg in the event viewer pls help me resolve
    this.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 8/20/2005
    Time: 3:30:44 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: TESANO
    The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    following error:
    The account specified for this service is different from the account
    specified for other services running in the same process.

    And when I ran sc query, a lot of running services were display and below is
    what they have in common;

    DISPLAY_NAME: Network Location Awareness (NLA)
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: NwSapAgent
    DISPLAY_NAME: SAP Agent
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: PlugPlay
    DISPLAY_NAME: Plug and Play
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: PolicyAgent
    DISPLAY_NAME: IPSEC Services
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: ProtectedStorage
    DISPLAY_NAME: Protected Storage
    TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS (interactive)
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: PRTG4Service
    DISPLAY_NAME: PRTG 4 Service - Paessler Router Traffic Grapher
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: RemoteRegistry
    DISPLAY_NAME: Remote Registry
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: RpcSs
    DISPLAY_NAME: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: SamSs
    DISPLAY_NAME: Security Accounts Manager
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: Schedule
    DISPLAY_NAME: Task Scheduler
    TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS (interactive)
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: seclogon
    DISPLAY_NAME: Secondary Logon
    TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS (interactive)
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: SENS
    DISPLAY_NAME: System Event Notification
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: SharedAccess
    DISPLAY_NAME: Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: ShellHWDetection
    DISPLAY_NAME: Shell Hardware Detection
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: Spooler
    DISPLAY_NAME: Print Spooler
    TYPE : 110 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS (interactive)
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: srservice
    DISPLAY_NAME: System Restore Service
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: SSDPSRV
    DISPLAY_NAME: SSDP Discovery Service
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: stisvc
    DISPLAY_NAME: Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: TapiSrv
    DISPLAY_NAME: Telephony
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: TermService
    DISPLAY_NAME: Terminal Services
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: Themes
    DISPLAY_NAME: Themes
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: TrkWks
    DISPLAY_NAME: Distributed Link Tracking Client
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: UMWdf
    DISPLAY_NAME: Windows User Mode Driver Framework
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: W32Time
    DISPLAY_NAME: Windows Time
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: WebClient
    DISPLAY_NAME: WebClient
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: winmgmt
    DISPLAY_NAME: Windows Management Instrumentation
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: winvnc
    DISPLAY_NAME: VNC Server
    TYPE : 110 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS (interactive)
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: wscsvc
    DISPLAY_NAME: Security Center
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: wuauserv
    DISPLAY_NAME: Automatic Updates
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    SERVICE_NAME: WZCSVC
    DISPLAY_NAME: Wireless Zero Configuration

    Date: 8/20/2005
    Time: 3:30:44 PM

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Click the [+] Related Knowledge Base articles to see more
    > ID: 7000
    > Source: Service Control Manager
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=Service+Control+Manager&EvtID=7000&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:1425669E-1322-4206-BA97-7A08700A7D7B@microsoft.com,
    > Kingboat <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Constant error message in event viewer, the event id is 7000 and the
    > > description is Remote Access Conection Manager failed to start.
    > > Please I need immediate assistance to resolve this issue
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Kingboat,

    Type CMD /K SC QC RASMAN in Start, Run. What does it show? Is the service
    configured to run under LocalSystem account?

    --

    > Thanks for your prompt reply, below is a copy of the event viewer error
    > msg.
    > I have not changed any service password. But I did reset the
    > administrator's
    > password. If that's is the problem then I need your help as to how to
    > restore
    > that, what actually brought me here is VNC server is more working. I want
    > someone to enter system via VNC and RDC and he can't get in that is what
    > made me check to find the error msg in the event viewer pls help me
    > resolve
    > this.
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 7000
    > Date: 8/20/2005
    > Time: 3:30:44 PM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: TESANO
    > The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    > following error:
    > The account specified for this service is different from the account
    > specified for other services running in the same process.

    > And when I ran sc query, a lot of running services were display and below
    > is
    > what they have in common;

    Alos under programs window of your firewall you might find it has been
    blocked it. I blocked mine that way until i have need of it.

    > Kingboat,
    >
    > Type CMD /K SC QC RASMAN in Start, Run. What does it show? Is the service
    > configured to run under LocalSystem account?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for your prompt reply, below is a copy of the event viewer error
    >> msg.
    >> I have not changed any service password. But I did reset the
    >> administrator's
    >> password. If that's is the problem then I need your help as to how to
    >> restore
    >> that, what actually brought me here is VNC server is more working. I want
    >> someone to enter system via VNC and RDC and he can't get in that is
    >> what
    >> made me check to find the error msg in the event viewer pls help me
    >> resolve
    >> this.
    >>
    >> Event Type: Error
    >> Event Source: Service Control Manager
    >> Event Category: None
    >> Event ID: 7000
    >> Date: 8/20/2005
    >> Time: 3:30:44 PM
    >> User: N/A
    >> Computer: TESANO
    >> The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    >> following error:
    >> The account specified for this service is different from the account
    >> specified for other services running in the same process.

    >> And when I ran sc query, a lot of running services were display and below
    >> is
    >> what they have in common;

    Below is the results, I just changed the service to run under LocalSystem a
    while ago and I have the remote connection manager running, but I wanted it
    to run under specific user account. That was how it was setup up, but if
    running it under LocalSystem will resolve my problem by making VNC and RDC
    work, why not? I Need your advise please

    [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

    SERVICE_NAME: rasman
    TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS (interactive)
    START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
    LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    TAG : 0
    DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Access Connection Manager
    DEPENDENCIES : Tapisrv
    SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Kingboat,
    >
    > Type CMD /K SC QC RASMAN in Start, Run. What does it show? Is the service
    > configured to run under LocalSystem account?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for your prompt reply, below is a copy of the event viewer error
    > > msg.
    > > I have not changed any service password. But I did reset the
    > > administrator's
    > > password. If that's is the problem then I need your help as to how to
    > > restore
    > > that, what actually brought me here is VNC server is more working. I want
    > > someone to enter system via VNC and RDC and he can't get in that is what
    > > made me check to find the error msg in the event viewer pls help me
    > > resolve
    > > this.
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7000
    > > Date: 8/20/2005
    > > Time: 3:30:44 PM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: TESANO
    > > The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    > > following error:
    > > The account specified for this service is different from the account
    > > specified for other services running in the same process.

    > > And when I ran sc query, a lot of running services were display and below
    > > is
    > > what they have in common;

    No, it's enabled under firewall>Exceptions

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Kingboat,
    >
    > Type CMD /K SC QC RASMAN in Start, Run. What does it show? Is the service
    > configured to run under LocalSystem account?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for your prompt reply, below is a copy of the event viewer error
    > > msg.
    > > I have not changed any service password. But I did reset the
    > > administrator's
    > > password. If that's is the problem then I need your help as to how to
    > > restore
    > > that, what actually brought me here is VNC server is more working. I want
    > > someone to enter system via VNC and RDC and he can't get in that is what
    > > made me check to find the error msg in the event viewer pls help me
    > > resolve
    > > this.
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7000
    > > Date: 8/20/2005
    > > Time: 3:30:44 PM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: TESANO
    > > The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    > > following error:
    > > The account specified for this service is different from the account
    > > specified for other services running in the same process.

    > > And when I ran sc query, a lot of running services were display and below
    > > is
    > > what they have in common;

    Kingboat,

    >> but I wanted it to run under specific user account

    Why do you want it to run under a specific user account?

    --

    > Below is the results, I just changed the service to run under LocalSystem
    > while ago and I have the remote connection manager running, but I wanted
    > it
    > to run under specific user account. That was how it was setup up, but if
    > running it under LocalSystem will resolve my problem by making VNC and RDC
    > work, why not? I Need your advise please
    >
    > [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS
    >
    > SERVICE_NAME: rasman
    > TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS (interactive)
    > START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    > ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    > BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
    > LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    > TAG : 0
    > DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Access Connection Manager
    > DEPENDENCIES : Tapisrv
    > SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Kingboat,
    >>
    >> Type CMD /K SC QC RASMAN in Start, Run. What does it show? Is the service
    >> configured to run under LocalSystem account?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks for your prompt reply, below is a copy of the event viewer error
    >> > msg.
    >> > I have not changed any service password. But I did reset the
    >> > administrator's
    >> > password. If that's is the problem then I need your help as to how to
    >> > restore
    >> > that, what actually brought me here is VNC server is more working. I
    >> > want
    >> > someone to enter system via VNC and RDC and he can't get in that is
    >> > what
    >> > made me check to find the error msg in the event viewer pls help me
    >> > resolve
    >> > this.
    >> >
    >> > Event Type: Error
    >> > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    >> > Event Category: None
    >> > Event ID: 7000
    >> > Date: 8/20/2005
    >> > Time: 3:30:44 PM
    >> > User: N/A
    >> > Computer: TESANO
    >> > The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    >> > following error:
    >> > The account specified for this service is different from the account
    >> > specified for other services running in the same process.
    >> >
    >> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    >> >
    >> > And when I ran sc query, a lot of running services were display and
    >> > below
    >> > is
    >> > what they have in common;

    Because I thought that is part of the process by which a user account is
    granted access to connect to this system from remote

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Kingboat,
    >
    > >> but I wanted it to run under specific user account
    >
    > Why do you want it to run under a specific user account?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Below is the results, I just changed the service to run under LocalSystem
    > > while ago and I have the remote connection manager running, but I wanted
    > > it
    > > to run under specific user account. That was how it was setup up, but if
    > > running it under LocalSystem will resolve my problem by making VNC and RDC
    > > work, why not? I Need your advise please
    > >
    > > [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS
    > >
    > > SERVICE_NAME: rasman
    > > TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS (interactive)
    > > START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
    > > ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
    > > BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
    > > LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
    > > TAG : 0
    > > DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Access Connection Manager
    > > DEPENDENCIES : Tapisrv
    > > SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Kingboat,
    > >>
    > >> Type CMD /K SC QC RASMAN in Start, Run. What does it show? Is the service
    > >> configured to run under LocalSystem account?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "Kingboat" <Kingboat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Remote Access Event Viewer Microsoft Error Message Windows XP