Is it possible to get a refund on an HP computer from Micro Center?

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Hey, Mike2012 here. Well, I recently bought an HP computer. I found it on the microcenter site, saw that it was available, had a Core i3 and a PCI-Express slot. So I thought, "Wow, this computer looks like a good deal man". Wrong, the first thing I noticed is that the case was too small for a graphics card. Now, when I asked the guy at Micro Center he clearly told the computer would be big enough for a graphics card.

So eventually, after much hassle, I got the graphics card in. But now, I realize that this computer isn't for me. That this computer was simply not made for gaming or future upgrading. I mean, there's a PCI-E slot, but what's the point if it's impossible to put a graphics card in without bumping it against something? I honestly feel like I wasted money on this computer.

So is it possible that I could somehow get a refund from Micro Center on the PC or am I screwed?

By the way, I feel this is the last HP computer I buy. HP's are cheap and for a reason. Their cases aren't as big.

I should've just saved up $100 more and got a Dell, with a full case. I guess I've learned my lesson about buying cheap computers.

Another option would be to build your own and that way you pick out the components and do the research for what you want to put in it.
Another option is the system builder option that some of these sites have where they build the computer from the parts that you select from the options they have.

As far as the refund goes it's generaly up to the individual company as to how they handle returns and for the most part you have 30 days from time of purchase to return something. Some places will also charge a 15% restocking fee , their way of keeping some of your money.
You will have to visit or call the Microcenter to find out their return policy.