One simple question about headphones

Tags:
  • iPod
  • Headphones
  • Power
  • Audio
Last response: in Home Audio
December 29, 2010 3:27:24 PM

Does big headphones use more watt/power than small ear-buds? I wonder because I dont want my ipod to get out of battery because of the headphones. thanks!

More about : simple question headphones

December 29, 2010 5:48:14 PM

it can.
m
l
December 29, 2010 6:47:16 PM

It does or it can?
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2010 9:38:55 PM

it can. as in some headphoens require higher output because of their higher impedence, so u would have to increase the volume control to hear the same loudness.
m
l
December 30, 2010 6:30:17 PM

I understand now :)  btw do u know why headphones stop to work after a while? the sound is lost on one of the ears and I have to twitch the contact to the mp3 in a certain way so that the sound is on both ears. eventually the sound drops out of both ears and I have to buy a new one. Is there some damage or tearing of the metal contact? is it possible to aviod it?
m
l
December 30, 2010 7:52:21 PM

thats due to headphones, happens when the internal wiring near the plug is teared slightly, happens a lot on cheap headphones, especially on the apple buds.
m
l
December 31, 2010 2:43:33 AM

I had that happen to 3 pairs of my headphones cheap or expensive. Usually occurs because you put the phone/MP3 in your pocket.

Thats why I now used headphones with replacable cables. $20 for a new cable on my Ultimate Ears TripleFi.
m
l
December 31, 2010 10:54:55 AM

yes happens to me with cheap and expensive headphones/earphones. Happened to 10 of my headphones trough the years.
m
l
!