Control of Time / Date Registry Settings

August 19, 2005 11:49:56 AM

For some reason our Sys Admin has pushed a setting that disables the ability
to change the Time & Date on a PC. Anyone know the Registry setting/command
to edit so I can override this?

Thanks!
S. Tucker
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:20:04 PM

Why would you want to?

"Stucker" wrote:

> For some reason our Sys Admin has pushed a setting that disables the ability
> to change the Time & Date on a PC. Anyone know the Registry setting/command
> to edit so I can override this?
>
> Thanks!
> S. Tucker

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 5:12:56 PM

As working in software developement, it is often helpful to
be able to forward date your computer to find out if the
time expiration works, and also to backdate your computer to
find problems with current software and see how it worked in
the past versions.
In our case, we asked the Sys Admin to remove that
restriction from our user group. If there is legitimate
need, it will be changed for you

"jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
: Why would you want to?
:
: "Stucker" wrote:
:
: > For some reason our Sys Admin has pushed a setting that
disables the ability
: > to change the Time & Date on a PC. Anyone know the
Registry setting/command
: > to edit so I can override this?
: >
: > Thanks!