Control of Time / Date Registry Settings

For some reason our Sys Admin has pushed a setting that disables the ability
to change the Time & Date on a PC. Anyone know the Registry setting/command
to edit so I can override this?

Thanks!
S. Tucker
2 answers Last reply
More about control time date registry settings

    Why would you want to?

    "Stucker" wrote:

    > For some reason our Sys Admin has pushed a setting that disables the ability
    > to change the Time & Date on a PC. Anyone know the Registry setting/command
    > to edit so I can override this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > S. Tucker

    As working in software developement, it is often helpful to
    be able to forward date your computer to find out if the
    time expiration works, and also to backdate your computer to
    find problems with current software and see how it worked in
    the past versions.
    In our case, we asked the Sys Admin to remove that
    restriction from our user group. If there is legitimate
    need, it will be changed for you

    "jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    : Why would you want to?
    :
    : "Stucker" wrote:
    :
    : > For some reason our Sys Admin has pushed a setting that
    disables the ability
    : > to change the Time & Date on a PC. Anyone know the
    Registry setting/command
    : > to edit so I can override this?
    : >
    : > Thanks!