Over-sensitive Pointer in Internet Explorer

I'm not sure this is the proper newsgroup for this question...but I really
don't know if it's an XP issue, an IE issue or a hardware issue...so I'll
start here.

I have an HP laptop with XP Pro. When I'm using the internet, if I stop my
pointer over any type of link for more than 2 seconds, it automatically
activates that link. This is very frustrating as many times links are opened
that I don't want to open.

I've looked everywhere I can think of to find a setting for this, but can't
find it. I'm guessing it has to be something easy...I just can't see it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

SRS

Are you using a Touchpad or an externally connected mouse ?

It sounds like a driver support extension that is set to automatically
activate a "Hovered" link. You should check your System Tray &
see if a Synaptics or other vendor watchdog is running. Usually,
it will have some Advanced option settings where that type of feature
can be disabled. I'd also check HP's website and see if your device
(Touchpad) has newer drivers.

"SRS" <SRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure this is the proper newsgroup for this question...but I really
> don't know if it's an XP issue, an IE issue or a hardware issue...so I'll
> start here.
>
> I have an HP laptop with XP Pro. When I'm using the internet, if I stop
> my
> pointer over any type of link for more than 2 seconds, it automatically
> activates that link. This is very frustrating as many times links are
> opened
> that I don't want to open.
>
> I've looked everywhere I can think of to find a setting for this, but
> can't
> find it. I'm guessing it has to be something easy...I just can't see it.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.
>
> SRS

I'm using a touchpad