Your question

Can't get subwoofer to work from pc

Tags:
  • Pioneer
  • Speakers
  • Audio
Last response: in Home Audio
December 30, 2010 1:56:49 AM

I am running a pioneer 925k receiver from my pc to a 5.1 speaker setup. I ran the setup process where it tests the speakers and the subwoofer makes the appropriate noises but when I try to play sound from wmp or winamp, I can't get the sub to work. I am running sound with optical from the motherboard to the reiever. Much appreciated if someone could give me some advice on this one. I'm stumped

More about : subwoofer work

December 30, 2010 4:29:27 PM

If you set up the receiver correctly you will also need to set up the pc audio output to 5.1. The files you play must also be 5.1.
m
l
December 31, 2010 6:08:34 PM

set the output and input correctly for both programs, u gonna have to set teh right output for both pc and all the media players, im assuming the PC ouputs are fine though.
m
l
January 7, 2011 5:47:51 PM

I figured it out. because of the placement of the subwoofer, (behind my couch) my microphone couldn't hear the sub or heard it too loudly during setup, not sure which. I manually changed the detected distance of the of the subwoofer from the center of the room then the subwoofer kicked in. Thanks for your help.
m
l
!