Dell latitude d630 screen problem

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
Hi, I have really annoying problem with my Dell latitude d630. The screen of this ,,brick" started flickering and showing millions horizontal lines! After some time when i get sick of this i restart my plastic box and you get a black screen which saying NTDLR missing (hell yeah!) or nothing just a black screen (draw what you want on it) so how could i fix this?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You are describing a system that may have a failing motherboard. Both the video adapter and HDD adapter are integrated devices on the motherboard.

The first issue (video) is common as a result of overheating. Get a can of compressed air, and with the system powered down, blow out the intake and exhaust fan ports. See how much crude gets dislodged.

Overheating the CPU could cause issues with the SATA/IDE controllers as well. Cleaning could help there as well.

Give this a try and come back if this fails to help.

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
cleaning helped now screen shows everything nicely but another issue appeared right side of keyboard is dead how to fix that but thanks anyway for good advice

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
when i was cleaning laptop i checked every connection and everything was alright so what could it be? i can't type O P L . / ;'\ ] 9 0 just those and F1,F2, F3 and etc...

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
it is hard to take them out from that port and after that plug back into it but i'll try it later becouse i have to go

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
Ok, soon I will got the new keyboard but screen shows his beauty again and now starts his hitical beep song and stripe screen then he shows blue red green black white and again same screens after this show blackhole :D

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
God i hate this laptop when i though he is dead he turned on again its like old soviet car you think she is dead after many tries to make it run and at the last moment when you want to destroy that car she starts running again.... So how to get rid of this problem screen goes black no boot everything is check nothing happens just lighted black screen