Windows8 does not support for my dell INSPIRON 15R N5110

EManU3LXX

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Take your cd and check it on a different computer, if you're using USB reformat it and recreate the USB disk. Try to install it again, and be sure TO WIPE YOU DRIVE. READ: REFORMAT. Pick custom install, you WILL loose ALL your FILES, so PLEASE BACKUP lol, can't stress that enough!! Now, pay attention to the installation. If anything fails, check around for error codes, and write them down. Windows 8 should install on ANY pc that meets it's requirements, not on a pc specified by dell.

SalTorre

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Hello i have the same laptop to get windows 8 to work you have to have the newest BIOS firmware installed otherwise it will not boot, go back to windows 7 install your internet drivers then download the BIOS firmware, flash it, restart and then you can install windows 8. GOOD LUCK :)

bigsuishan

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
agree.Windows 8 should install on ANY pc that meets it's requirements, not on a pc specified by dell.
gg

Not all systems will have drivers for Windows 8, there is no reason to think that a computer MUST work with Win 8. Many new systems don't work with XP, many old ones don't work with Windows 7, same thing with 8. Even some newer ones may not work with 8 properly with missing correct video and sound drivers.

victorhrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
The real problem isn't windows for 100%. I have the same notebook and I tried to install windows 8.1. I think that the real problem is the GPU driver, because when I installed it separately then it crashed. After, I have connected a monitor by VGA cable and it worked, but with a poor resolution. I have downloaded separately the GPU driver from dell.com and it still crashes.

atulmaniya

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Is your Windows 8 DVD is 64-bit then get 32-bit Windows 8 and then try, It will work fine. It happened same in windows 7 for me. I had old dual core processor and tried to install windows 7 64-bit on it. Installation goes smoothly and reaches desktop. But after that when i restart the pc or shut it down and then again turn it on Windows 7 wont load at all. Then somehow i managed to get windows 7 32-bit disk and then installed it, after which it worked normally.... Hope it helps.