Computer instant restart

G

Since I sadly cannot find my old post I will try once more. I built a computer yesterday on normal instructions. When I started I put on my antistatic wristband and build a pseudo computer outside of the case and everything worked fine. Knowing this I built everything into the case.

My motherboard was set up for standard ATX mounting so 9 standoffs which i put correctly. After that I simply plugged everything in and tested the system.

Everything worked fine and I started to install windows. Once windows was installed I downloaded an Internet Security from my dis and downloaded all the drivers.

To make sure the thermal paste on the cpu would spread I played some crysis 3 te get it warm. I monitored the temps and everything was A OK. After I was satisfied I turned it off and went to sleep.

The next day I came back from work and I was excited to use my new computer so I tried starting it up. It would not start up however. When i press the power switch it turns on for 0,5 sec and restarted after 1 sec over and over and over.

Now this has me really scared that something might be broken already :(. I would like to ask you guys if you have any experience with this. On the forum there is lots to find with this subject but it just seems so unlikely to me to be one of those things. Which is why I am asking for personal help.

Heres the setup±

Intel i5 3570K

Asrock extreme6

MSI 7950 TwinFrozr

OCZ vertex 4 128 GB

Liteon dvd burner

Sharkoon t5 case

Corsair 1866Mhz Vengeance

EVGA Supernova 650G PSU

I Hope somebody can help me.

Kind regards.

G

I have not yet tried this but somehow it seems unlikely to me. The motherboard has some 7-segment displays that normaly display something on startup. To me it seems to be a motherboard problem but I am not sure. I'm starting to worry if i grounded myself correctly. Using my old case i plugged it in and attached my antistatic wristband to that case because i thought that would be best for grounding myself. My old case has exposed metal and my new one is painted so it seemed like the best option. I don't think that's what wrong but I guess i should doubt my every move.

G

I did that sorry I wasen't clear enough in my speech. My computer was plugged into the wall with grounded sockets. And i was connected to my case with an antistatic wristband.

G

I have everything bareboned to just the motherboard and the processor/HSF. There has been no change to it at all. It tries to start up for 0,5 sec and just reboots forever. Am I correct in saying the mobo is broken? At least... i don't read about intel processors failing so i am guessing the the mobo.

G

I tested the psu by using a known working psu from a friend of mine with the same power ouput. we later used it to power his computer again.