Whats connected to the network or internet

Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
*.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like to
know about it. Thanks Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about whats connected network internet

    michael_fett@hotmail.com
    <michaelfetthotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
    |>connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
    |>*.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like to
    |>know about it. Thanks Mike

    TCPview is great for this.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

    You need to install a "better" software firewall, other than the SP2
    standard one. I myself have been using Zone Alarm, which I can see what
    "outgoing" program is accessing the Internet.

    wrote in message news:2EEDBFCD-37EE-4E11-8BCC-64C5D8AFF340@microsoft.com...
    > Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
    > connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
    > *.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like
    > know about it. Thanks Mike

    "michael_fett@hotmail.com" <michaelfetthotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:2EEDBFCD-37EE-4E11-8BCC-64C5D8AFF340@microsoft.com...
    > Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
    > connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
    > *.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like
    > know about it. Thanks Mike

    Perhaps X-NetStat may be what you need:

    http://www.freshsw.com/

    Don