Whats connected to the network or internet

August 19, 2005 11:11:04 AM

Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
*.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like to
know about it. Thanks Mike
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:00:53 PM

michael_fett@hotmail.com
<michaelfetthotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
|>connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
|>*.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like to
|>know about it. Thanks Mike

TCPview is great for this.
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

August 19, 2005 3:08:53 PM

You need to install a "better" software firewall, other than the SP2
standard one. I myself have been using Zone Alarm, which I can see what
"outgoing" program is accessing the Internet.

wrote in message news:2EEDBFCD-37EE-4E11-8BCC-64C5D8AFF340@microsoft.com...
> Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
> connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
> *.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like
> know about it. Thanks Mike
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:57:41 PM

"michael_fett@hotmail.com" <michaelfetthotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:2EEDBFCD-37EE-4E11-8BCC-64C5D8AFF340@microsoft.com...
> Is there a windows app that tells me what programs and or applications are
> connected to the network? I want to know whats going out. For instant if
> *.exe is sending information form my computer to the another, I would like
> know about it. Thanks Mike

Perhaps X-NetStat may be what you need:

http://www.freshsw.com/

Don