Sign in with
Your question

Gaming mouse and mousepad

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 20, 2010 2:03:58 PM

I'm getting a new gaming rig in 2 weeks, and in conjunction with that I suddenly noticed that I'm still using a 4-5 year old microsoft mouse and an old WAR mousepad where most of the picture has been worn off.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone could suggest some nice gaming mice and mousepads. I'm not really interested in metal mousepads here, as I already have a steelseries one. Its quite a nice mousepad, but the huge downside to it is that as soon as a tiny bit of dust/dirt gets on it my mouse gets harder to work with and start making scratching noises. Thats why I do not use it.

I've been looking at the Razer imperator and a destructor mousepad (I believe that ones plastic). I'm not sure I would comfortable to use though as I generally use a fingertip/claw grip.

More about : gaming mouse mousepad

April 21, 2010 3:36:21 PM

take a look at the microsoft sidewinder mouses and exacto mat mouse pads
Related resources
April 22, 2010 7:37:11 PM

any good for you?
April 22, 2010 8:33:24 PM

The store I was ordering from did not carry the exactmat, and I didnt like the shape of the sidewinder. In the end I simply chose to go with the razer imperator an the razer destructor mat after seeing a picture of someone holding the imperator with my exact grip, seemingly without much trouble.
April 22, 2010 8:42:12 PM

ok have fun with it :)  sorry i couldent have been of more help to you. im sure youll like it anyway, most mouses can be used claw or flat anyway ;) 
April 23, 2010 12:42:53 AM

esaglik said:
ok have fun with it :)  sorry i couldent have been of more help to you. im sure youll like it anyway, most mouses can be used claw or flat anyway ;) 

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

While you can do different grips on most mice, some might not be very comfortable to do certain grips on. I just wanted to make sure that I wont regret my purchase of such an expensive mouse.
!