Windows XP Professional Key

I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
will no accept my CD Key.
Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
Thanks
19 answers Last reply
More about windows professional

    Strange things happen on this planet!
    For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
    --
    gimLi )-(-----

    "Tom" wrote:

    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thanks

    Look close at the ProductKey, Microsoft likes to use a font that the 8's and
    zeros look much like B's and O's.

    If still having a problem, best to give Microsoft a call.

    --
    Don
    Vancouver, USA

    "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    > OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thanks

    Did you format the drive before you installed the operating system? It may be
    rejecting the KEY if it finds another Windows installation on the drive.

    "Tom" wrote:

    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thankse operatin

    If your XP CD is legal then you can call Microsoft with all the details on the CD sleeve or on the CD and also on the back of your computer. Or in the other scenario you can call your local Locksmith and have him make you a CD-Key

    --
    Peter

    Tom wrote:
    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.

    You need to examine the Product Key very carefully. It's awfully
    easy to mistake a "B" for an "8," a "G" for a "6," an "S" for a "5," or
    a "Q" for a "0" or "O." Fortunately, Microsoft had the good sense to
    leave the "1's," "I's," "O's," and "0's" out of the equation. Also, be
    sure that your <CapsLock> is _off_ while entering the Product Key --
    this isn't supposed to make a difference, but I've seen it do so, on
    rare occasions.

    Troubleshooting Invalid CD Key Error Message During Windows XP Setup
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310637

    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?

    And therefore giving you their license to use WinXP? Not very likely
    that you'll find anyone so generous.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    jerryrock wrote:
    > Did you format the drive before you installed the operating system?
    > It may be rejecting the KEY if it finds another Windows installation
    > on the drive.

    It doesn't work that way. Please make up answers that actually reflect
    reality.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    In article <hNmNe.510$M3.399@trnddc05>, someone@nowhere.com, Tom says...

    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thanks

    Would that be a "pirated" key with that or french fries & a large coke?

    >"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >If your XP CD is legal then you can call Microsoft with all the details on
    >the CD sleeve or on the CD and also on the back of your >computer. Or in
    >the other scenario you can call your local Locksmith and have him make you
    >a CD-Key

    And if it is not legal, then surely you can go where you downloaded Windows
    XP and get help. Just kidding. Do not actually pirate software.
    --
    Peter

    "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    > OS
    > will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thanks

    Since it is not April Fools, give me a break.
    Please....
    I need a valid CD Key

    "gimLi" <axeman@LODR.net> wrote in message
    > Strange things happen on this planet!
    > For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
    > --
    > gimLi )-(-----
    >

    > "Tom" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    OS
    > > will no accept my CD Key.
    > > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > > Thanks

    Think about it. You are asking for a controlled key. Each installation has
    its own key that is only for that machine. Chances are you have the wrong
    installtion CD for your CD Key. You could take a key for Volume Licensing
    and try to use it on a XP install Cd that came with your computer and it wont
    work...and the opposite is true.

    Nobody in their right mind is going to give you a key. I am not bashing
    you, I am just telling you facts. Even if someone was ignorant enough to
    post a key on here, you can bet that MS is going to invalidate that key and
    maybe even take action against the "owner" of the key.

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:27:33 GMT, "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >Since it is not April Fools, give me a break.
    >Please....
    >I need a valid CD Key
    >
    >"gimLi" <axeman@LODR.net> wrote in message
    >> Strange things happen on this planet!
    >> For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
    >> --
    >> gimLi )-(-----
    >>

    >> "Tom" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    >OS
    >> > will no accept my CD Key.
    >> > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    >> > Thanks

    "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
    check for $299. I doubt whether many are going to give you $299.

    These keys COST US MONEY, stud.

    Buy your OWN legitimate copy of XP. You will receive a valid CD key
    with your purchase.

    I advise you NOT to make your purchase on eBay, however, since the
    majority of sales of XP on eBay are for pirated software.

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread
    so that conversations may be kept in order

    Donald McDaniel wrote:

    > "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
    > check for $299. <snip>

    I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
    Kurtis Kirsch

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:47:56 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    > Donald McDaniel wrote:
    >
    > > "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
    > > check for $299. <snip>
    >
    > I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
    > Kurtis Kirsch

    Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
    WOULDN'T give you $299. I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
    from me anytime soon.

    Donald McDaniel wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:47:56 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Donald McDaniel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
    >>> check for $299. <snip>
    >>
    >> I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
    >> Kurtis Kirsch
    >
    > Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
    > WOULDN'T give you $299.

    No it doesn't. It expressly intimates that a CD Key is about the same
    as $299.

    I then gave you my preferance for the check.

    > I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
    > from me anytime soon.

    Not a man of your words. No surprise there.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:45:46 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    > Donald McDaniel wrote:
    > > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:47:56 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    > >> I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
    > >> Kurtis Kirsch
    > >
    > > Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
    > > WOULDN'T give you $299.
    >
    > No it doesn't. It expressly intimates that a CD Key is about the same
    > as $299.
    >
    > I then gave you my preferance for the check.
    >
    > > I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
    > > from me anytime soon.
    >
    > Not a man of your words. No surprise there.

    You are really a strange one, kurt.

    I in NO WAY promised ANYONE I would give them ANY money for ANY
    reason. You simply misunderstood my statement (either intentionally
    or by a shortage of skills in parsing a statement written in English.)

    My statement to you was rhetorical, not literal.

    I will make myself clearer and ABSOLUTELY literal:
    "You won't be getting from me any of: 1) a check for the purchase
    price of an XP Pro "Full Retail" distribution package (according to
    Microsoft it is $299), 2) a check for the COST of a legitimate license
    without the installation media, or 3) a check for ANY amount for ANY
    reason"

    I also wonder about the legality of selling licenses without the
    installation media. I do realize that it happens all the time. But
    since I am without any real knowledge of the matter, I will not
    expound on it. I have seen OEM COA stickers without installation
    media for sale in various places by smaller system builders, usually
    at a reduced price.

    Donald McDaniel wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:45:46 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Donald McDaniel wrote:

    >>> Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
    >>> WOULDN'T give you $299.
    >>
    >> No it doesn't. It expressly intimates that a CD Key is about the
    >> same as $299.
    >>
    >> I then gave you my preferance for the check.
    >>
    >>> I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
    >>> from me anytime soon.
    >>
    >> Not a man of your words. No surprise there.
    >
    > You are really a strange one, kurt.
    >
    > I in NO WAY promised ANYONE I would give them ANY money for ANY
    > reason. You simply misunderstood my statement (either intentionally
    > or by a shortage of skills in parsing a statement written in English.)
    >
    > My statement to you was rhetorical, not literal.
    >
    > I will make myself clearer and ABSOLUTELY literal:
    > "You won't be getting from me any of: 1) a check for the purchase
    > price of an XP Pro "Full Retail" distribution package (according to
    > Microsoft it is $299), 2) a check for the COST of a legitimate license
    > without the installation media, or 3) a check for ANY amount for ANY
    > reason"
    >
    > I also wonder about the legality of selling licenses without the
    > installation media. I do realize that it happens all the time.

    MS does it with retail keys.

    > But
    > since I am without any real knowledge of the matter, I will not
    > expound on it. I have seen OEM COA stickers without installation
    > media for sale in various places by smaller system builders, usually
    > at a reduced price.

    From your words, it seemed like you were stating a preference of
    offering checks over CD keys.

    I just accepted you offer. If you want to be an Indian-giver, that is
    your choice.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Actually I don't know where the CD case is because I put my CD's in a
    folder, however I do write my numbers on the CD's user a Sharpe Permanent
    Pen. Well in this case I have a smear and can't make out 3-number (letters)
    next to each other.

    So while it is a long shot, I thought I would give it a try. I'm having the
    hardest time trying to get in touch with those at Microsoft who would be
    willing to help me... other than telling me to purchase another license.

    Thanks anyway.

    "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
    > Look close at the ProductKey, Microsoft likes to use a font that the 8's
    and
    > zeros look much like B's and O's.
    >
    > If still having a problem, best to give Microsoft a call.
    >

    > --
    > Don
    > Vancouver, USA
    >

    > "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    > > OS
    > > will no accept my CD Key.
    > > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > > Thanks

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Friday 19 August 2005 08:20 am, Tom had this to
    say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    > OS will no accept my CD Key.
    > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    > Thanks

    To quote some of the MVP's around here, just do a google. I'm sure you can
    find many many keys on the Net that should accomplish what you wish.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

    Tom wrote:
    > Actually I don't know where the CD case is because I put my CD's in a
    > folder, however I do write my numbers on the CD's user a Sharpe Permanent
    > Pen. Well in this case I have a smear and can't make out 3-number (letters)
    > next to each other.
    >
    > So while it is a long shot, I thought I would give it a try. I'm having the
    > hardest time trying to get in touch with those at Microsoft who would be
    > willing to help me... other than telling me to purchase another license.
    >
    > Thanks anyway.
    >

    > "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
    >
    >>Look close at the ProductKey, Microsoft likes to use a font that the 8's
    >
    > and
    >
    >>zeros look much like B's and O's.
    >>
    >>If still having a problem, best to give Microsoft a call.
    >>

    >>--
    >>Don
    >>Vancouver, USA
    >>

    >>"Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
    >>>OS
    >>>will no accept my CD Key.
    >>>Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
    >>>Thanks

    Here is a Microsoft phone number for replacement CD's: 1-800-360-7561

Windows XP Microsoft CD-Rom Product