Windows XP Professional Key

August 19, 2005 7:20:45 PM

I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
will no accept my CD Key.
Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
Thanks
August 19, 2005 7:20:46 PM

Strange things happen on this planet!
For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
--
gimLi )-(-----

"Tom" wrote:

> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:20:46 PM

Look close at the ProductKey, Microsoft likes to use a font that the 8's and
zeros look much like B's and O's.

If still having a problem, best to give Microsoft a call.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
> OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

August 19, 2005 7:20:46 PM

Did you format the drive before you installed the operating system? It may be
rejecting the KEY if it finds another Windows installation on the drive.

"Tom" wrote:

> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thankse operatin

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:20:46 PM

If your XP CD is legal then you can call Microsoft with all the details on the CD sleeve or on the CD and also on the back of your computer. Or in the other scenario you can call your local Locksmith and have him make you a CD-Key

--
Peter

"Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:hNmNe.510$M3.399@trnddc05...
> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:20:46 PM

Tom wrote:
> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
> will no accept my CD Key.

You need to examine the Product Key very carefully. It's awfully
easy to mistake a "B" for an "8," a "G" for a "6," an "S" for a "5," or
a "Q" for a "0" or "O." Fortunately, Microsoft had the good sense to
leave the "1's," "I's," "O's," and "0's" out of the equation. Also, be
sure that your <CapsLock> is _off_ while entering the Product Key --
this isn't supposed to make a difference, but I've seen it do so, on
rare occasions.

Troubleshooting Invalid CD Key Error Message During Windows XP Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310637

> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?

And therefore giving you their license to use WinXP? Not very likely
that you'll find anyone so generous.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:20:47 PM

jerryrock wrote:
> Did you format the drive before you installed the operating system?
> It may be rejecting the KEY if it finds another Windows installation
> on the drive.

It doesn't work that way. Please make up answers that actually reflect
reality.

--
Peace!
Kurt

In article <hNmNe.510$M3.399@trnddc05>, someone@nowhere.com, Tom says...

> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

Would that be a "pirated" key with that or french fries & a large coke?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:25:14 PM

>"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>If your XP CD is legal then you can call Microsoft with all the details on
>the CD sleeve or on the CD and also on the back of your >computer. Or in
>the other scenario you can call your local Locksmith and have him make you
>a CD-Key

And if it is not legal, then surely you can go where you downloaded Windows
XP and get help. Just kidding. Do not actually pirate software.
--
Peter

"Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
> OS
> will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

August 19, 2005 8:27:33 PM

Since it is not April Fools, give me a break.
Please....
I need a valid CD Key

"gimLi" <axeman@LODR.net> wrote in message
> Strange things happen on this planet!
> For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
> --
> gimLi )-(-----
>

> "Tom" wrote:
>
> > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
OS
> > will no accept my CD Key.
> > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:27:34 PM

Think about it. You are asking for a controlled key. Each installation has
its own key that is only for that machine. Chances are you have the wrong
installtion CD for your CD Key. You could take a key for Volume Licensing
and try to use it on a XP install Cd that came with your computer and it wont
work...and the opposite is true.

Nobody in their right mind is going to give you a key. I am not bashing
you, I am just telling you facts. Even if someone was ignorant enough to
post a key on here, you can bet that MS is going to invalidate that key and
maybe even take action against the "owner" of the key.

"Tom" wrote:

> Since it is not April Fools, give me a break.
> Please....
> I need a valid CD Key
>
> "gimLi" <axeman@LODR.net> wrote in message
> > Strange things happen on this planet!
> > For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
> > --
> > gimLi )-(-----
> >

> > "Tom" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
> OS
> > > will no accept my CD Key.
> > > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:27:34 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:27:33 GMT, "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Since it is not April Fools, give me a break.
>Please....
>I need a valid CD Key
>
>"gimLi" <axeman@LODR.net> wrote in message
>> Strange things happen on this planet!
>> For a moment I thought it was April Fool's Day
>> --
>> gimLi )-(-----
>>

>> "Tom" wrote:
>>
>> > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
>OS
>> > will no accept my CD Key.
>> > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
>> > Thanks

"Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
check for $299. I doubt whether many are going to give you $299.

These keys COST US MONEY, stud.

Buy your OWN legitimate copy of XP. You will receive a valid CD key
with your purchase.

I advise you NOT to make your purchase on eBay, however, since the
majority of sales of XP on eBay are for pirated software.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
August 19, 2005 8:27:35 PM

Donald McDaniel wrote:

> "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
> check for $299. <snip>

I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
Kurtis Kirsch

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:43:36 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:47:56 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

> Donald McDaniel wrote:
>
> > "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
> > check for $299. <snip>
>
> I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
> Kurtis Kirsch

Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
WOULDN'T give you $299. I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
from me anytime soon.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
August 20, 2005 6:45:46 PM

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:47:56 -0400, "kurttrail"
> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>
>> Donald McDaniel wrote:
>>
>>> "Give" you a valid XP Pro CD Key? I might as well write you out a
>>> check for $299. <snip>
>>
>> I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
>> Kurtis Kirsch
>
> Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
> WOULDN'T give you $299.

No it doesn't. It expressly intimates that a CD Key is about the same
as $299.

I then gave you my preferance for the check.

> I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
> from me anytime soon.

Not a man of your words. No surprise there.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:45:47 PM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:45:46 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

> Donald McDaniel wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:47:56 -0400, "kurttrail"
> > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

> >> I'd prefer the check, thanks. Make sure you make out the check to:
> >> Kurtis Kirsch
> >
> > Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
> > WOULDN'T give you $299.
>
> No it doesn't. It expressly intimates that a CD Key is about the same
> as $299.
>
> I then gave you my preferance for the check.
>
> > I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
> > from me anytime soon.
>
> Not a man of your words. No surprise there.

You are really a strange one, kurt.

I in NO WAY promised ANYONE I would give them ANY money for ANY
reason. You simply misunderstood my statement (either intentionally
or by a shortage of skills in parsing a statement written in English.)

My statement to you was rhetorical, not literal.

I will make myself clearer and ABSOLUTELY literal:
"You won't be getting from me any of: 1) a check for the purchase
price of an XP Pro "Full Retail" distribution package (according to
Microsoft it is $299), 2) a check for the COST of a legitimate license
without the installation media, or 3) a check for ANY amount for ANY
reason"

I also wonder about the legality of selling licenses without the
installation media. I do realize that it happens all the time. But
since I am without any real knowledge of the matter, I will not
expound on it. I have seen OEM COA stickers without installation
media for sale in various places by smaller system builders, usually
at a reduced price.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
August 20, 2005 9:40:33 PM

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:45:46 -0400, "kurttrail"
> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>
>> Donald McDaniel wrote:

>>> Didn't you see the clause above? It expressly intimates that I
>>> WOULDN'T give you $299.
>>
>> No it doesn't. It expressly intimates that a CD Key is about the
>> same as $299.
>>
>> I then gave you my preferance for the check.
>>
>>> I guarantee you, you won't be getting a check
>>> from me anytime soon.
>>
>> Not a man of your words. No surprise there.
>
> You are really a strange one, kurt.
>
> I in NO WAY promised ANYONE I would give them ANY money for ANY
> reason. You simply misunderstood my statement (either intentionally
> or by a shortage of skills in parsing a statement written in English.)
>
> My statement to you was rhetorical, not literal.
>
> I will make myself clearer and ABSOLUTELY literal:
> "You won't be getting from me any of: 1) a check for the purchase
> price of an XP Pro "Full Retail" distribution package (according to
> Microsoft it is $299), 2) a check for the COST of a legitimate license
> without the installation media, or 3) a check for ANY amount for ANY
> reason"
>
> I also wonder about the legality of selling licenses without the
> installation media. I do realize that it happens all the time.

MS does it with retail keys.

> But
> since I am without any real knowledge of the matter, I will not
> expound on it. I have seen OEM COA stickers without installation
> media for sale in various places by smaller system builders, usually
> at a reduced price.

From your words, it seemed like you were stating a preference of
offering checks over CD keys.

I just accepted you offer. If you want to be an Indian-giver, that is
your choice.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
August 21, 2005 8:18:06 AM

Actually I don't know where the CD case is because I put my CD's in a
folder, however I do write my numbers on the CD's user a Sharpe Permanent
Pen. Well in this case I have a smear and can't make out 3-number (letters)
next to each other.

So while it is a long shot, I thought I would give it a try. I'm having the
hardest time trying to get in touch with those at Microsoft who would be
willing to help me... other than telling me to purchase another license.

Thanks anyway.

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> Look close at the ProductKey, Microsoft likes to use a font that the 8's
and
> zeros look much like B's and O's.
>
> If still having a problem, best to give Microsoft a call.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
> > OS
> > will no accept my CD Key.
> > Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:58:21 AM

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Friday 19 August 2005 08:20 am, Tom had this to
say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
> OS will no accept my CD Key.
> Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
> Thanks

To quote some of the MVP's around here, just do a google. I'm sure you can
find many many keys on the Net that should accomplish what you wish.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

Tom wrote:
> Actually I don't know where the CD case is because I put my CD's in a
> folder, however I do write my numbers on the CD's user a Sharpe Permanent
> Pen. Well in this case I have a smear and can't make out 3-number (letters)
> next to each other.
>
> So while it is a long shot, I thought I would give it a try. I'm having the
> hardest time trying to get in touch with those at Microsoft who would be
> willing to help me... other than telling me to purchase another license.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>

> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>
>>Look close at the ProductKey, Microsoft likes to use a font that the 8's
>
> and
>
>>zeros look much like B's and O's.
>>
>>If still having a problem, best to give Microsoft a call.
>>

>>--
>>Don
>>Vancouver, USA
>>

>>"Tom" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I'm installing Windows XP Pro back on my machine and for some reason the
>>>OS
>>>will no accept my CD Key.
>>>Can someone Give me a CD KEY for Win XP Pro?
>>>Thanks

Here is a Microsoft phone number for replacement CD's: 1-800-360-7561
!