IE not responding

August 19, 2005 12:42:06 PM

Just did a system restore on my p4 1.80Ghz with 256 Ram. with XP Home. So I
downloaded SP1 onto the desktop and run it to SP1. The IE is version
6.0.2800.11.06.xpsp1.020828-1920.

When I did the Windowsupdates, it went as far as installing the software for
the updater(if I am correct here) and suppose to re-start the pc. When I
restart the pc, the windows were unable to continue the windowsupdates and
machine seems hang saying IE explorer not responding.. The module name is
"hungapp" and when I do a search, it comes to 'nothing'. The pc is fully
protected by NAV2005 updated to the latest definition. It seems to be that
there is a problem with teh IE, always not responding. Thinking that my pc
was infected by virus and that was precisely why I did a system recovery. The
situation does not seems to improved. Can it be my Ram? or can I just
download IE6 on destop ansd executed it. Appreciate any advice from you all,
thanks

More about : responding

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:52:46 PM

I'm not the expert here, but I uninstalled NSW 2005 from my system twice last
night and reinstalled it twice after installing it the first time. There are
special instructions that you can find only too late for this process. My point
is that as I was uninstalling, I got an error message that said "You must
reinstall Windows." while the machine hung up and I did see "hungapp" flash by.

You should check and make sure your firewall is permitting access to Windows
Update.

"nahiruzca5" <nahiruzca5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just did a system restore on my p4 1.80Ghz with 256 Ram. with XP
> Home. So I downloaded SP1 onto the desktop and run it to SP1. The IE
> is version
> 6.0.2800.11.06.xpsp1.020828-1920.
>
> When I did the Windowsupdates, it went as far as installing the
> software for the updater(if I am correct here) and suppose to
> re-start the pc. When I restart the pc, the windows were unable to
> continue the windowsupdates and machine seems hang saying IE explorer
> not responding.. The module name is "hungapp" and when I do a search,
> it comes to 'nothing'. The pc is fully protected by NAV2005 updated
> to the latest definition. It seems to be that there is a problem with
> teh IE, always not responding. Thinking that my pc was infected by
> virus and that was precisely why I did a system recovery. The
> situation does not seems to improved. Can it be my Ram? or can I just
> download IE6 on destop ansd executed it. Appreciate any advice from
> you all, thanks
November 26, 2010 7:06:34 AM

install firefox,comet bird, Google chrome.. use one of it...! good for search & Browsing
when update install IE8 explorer
when update error ..? hhmmm it's Legit..?
u can install again OS fresh for your PC.... like Baby..!
!