Latitude D600 Wi-Fi Antenna

Latitude D600

Anybody know where the TrueMobile 1400 (?) built in antenna is located? I
am having problems with signals and was told it might be in the display.
Any ideas????

Thanks, Ken

"Ken Williams" <REMOVE-THIS_kwillmech1972@yahoo.com_FOR-ANTI-SPAM>
wrote:
>Latitude D600
>Anybody know where the TrueMobile 1400 (?) built in antenna is located?

There are two of them in the base, one in the upper left and one in
the lower right. You can find the details in the (online) service
manual.

i was told it's in the screen's side.

"Ken Williams" <REMOVE-THIS_kwillmech1972@yahoo.com_FOR-ANTI-SPAM> wrote in
message news:ACeOd.30063$Yu.13865@fed1read01...
> Latitude D600
>
> Anybody know where the TrueMobile 1400 (?) built in antenna is located? I
> am having problems with signals and was told it might be in the display.
> Any ideas????
>
> Thanks, Ken

Sorry, I didn't even think of that for some reason. Thanks.

<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
> "Ken Williams" <REMOVE-THIS_kwillmech1972@yahoo.com_FOR-ANTI-SPAM>
> wrote:
>>Latitude D600
>>Anybody know where the TrueMobile 1400 (?) built in antenna is located?
>
> There are two of them in the base, one in the upper left and one in
> the lower right. You can find the details in the (online) service
> manual.

I looked through the available service manual and users guide and couldn't
find anything about it there. Maybe I looked in the wrong place?

wrote:
>I looked through the available service manual and users guide and couldn't
>find anything about it there. Maybe I looked in the wrong place?

That's wierd, I can't find them either. Maybe I just traced the wires
when I had the machine apart. IIRC there's one in the upper left near
the CPU fan and one in the lower right by the hard disk. Either way
they seem to work really well (I've got the Intel card, FWIW...)

Not very impressive, little pieces of tinned sheet metal with antenna
wires soldered to them, had to look twice to see what they really
were, but again they seem to do the job!

Easy as Dell- you know? You want to know where the antenna is? Then surf to their support site and
look for the specs-sheet for your appropriate Laptop. Or you could look for the sheet which explains
how to disassemble your notebook. It is so easy to find your questioned antenna- uh!

"Andreas Hopp" <123_Hopp@web.de> wrote:
>Easy as Dell- you know? You want to know where the antenna is? Then surf to their support site and
>look for the specs-sheet for your appropriate Laptop. Or you could look for the sheet which explains
>how to disassemble your notebook. It is so easy to find your questioned antenna- uh!

Yes, Andreas, I thought it was there too, but I can't seem to find it,
as it's not an assembly that can be replaced. Can _you_ find it for
us?