Matte/ High Resolution Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmings19

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
After a lot of searching (not necessarily researching), and absolutely no luck, I am wondering:

Are there any newer (I've been searching almost exclusively for i5's, and not core 2) laptops with 1920x1200, 1680x1050, or 1920x1080 resolutions, and a matte finish under $1200? I have other specs that I am looking for, but matte just looks obsolete in laptops... Am I going to have to break down and just get glossy? AND get a lower resolution such as 1600x900 or 1366x768 with a budget of $1200 or close to it?

It just doesn't seem reasonable to me that matte isn't obtainable, and then that higher resolutions (full 1080p) on most laptops under $1200 is not too common either. Perhaps I just haven't been looking in the right places?

Any input is appreciated. At this point I'm just wishing someone could sell me on glossy so that I could go ahead and accept that that is all that seems to be out there, but I don't think I can do that. Not yet at least. I like matte.

I posted not long ago HERE about buying a laptop in general, but this is a more specified question, I don't mean to be flooding the boards by any means.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Just replied to your other thread, but you can buy an anti-glare screen to stick on top of your glossy screen. You just have to be careful while adding it to avoid bubbles (clean the screen beforehand!).

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
I posted not long ago HERE about buying a laptop in general, but this is a more specified question, I don't mean to be flooding the boards by any means.

Once you open with a question with all the specifics I think you will find that if you stick with the same thread all of your questions will be answered.

What you are doing is called "Double Posting" and is frowned on here at THGF. I can see you are new here and do appreciate that you were not trying to FLOOD the boards. However, if you go back to your original post read what lotri replied with.

We are very fortunate that we have so many knowledgeable people willing to respond to requests like yours.

Good luck on your quest for a new laptop and I hope you enjoy your time here.:)

Lemmings19

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Ok, sorry about that. I will avoid doing it in the future, and just stick to updating the one post. I thought maybe this did warrant it's own topic, but I was wrong. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS