Can't change to classic view in XP....

I have several PCs after upgrading to XP when I select windows classic theme
in windows XP i get an error message that says " the theme could not load,
unspecified error" and then it gives me the path to the
file for the classic theme? Has anyone seen this issue? Have any ideas on
how to resolve it? Help!!
2 answers Last reply
More about change classic view

    Themes should be in \Windows\Resources\Themes.
    Do search on *.theme (That is file extension for theme files)

    "Unee" wrote:

    > I have several PCs after upgrading to XP when I select windows classic theme
    > in windows XP i get an error message that says " the theme could not load,
    > unspecified error" and then it gives me the path to the
    > file for the classic theme? Has anyone seen this issue? Have any ideas on
    > how to resolve it? Help!!

    What is the path, upgraded from what and did/do you have third party desktop
    managers installed?
    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Unee" <Unee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have several PCs after upgrading to XP when I select windows classic
    >theme
    > in windows XP i get an error message that says " the theme could not load,
    > unspecified error" and then it gives me the path to the
    > file for the classic theme? Has anyone seen this issue? Have any ideas on
    > how to resolve it? Help!!

Windows XP Classic