I have several PCs after upgrading to XP when I select windows classic theme
in windows XP i get an error message that says " the theme could not load,
unspecified error" and then it gives me the path to the
file for the classic theme? Has anyone seen this issue? Have any ideas on
how to resolve it? Help!!

Themes should be in \Windows\Resources\Themes.
Do search on *.theme (That is file extension for theme files)

"Unee" wrote:

> I have several PCs after upgrading to XP when I select windows classic theme
> in windows XP i get an error message that says " the theme could not load,
> unspecified error" and then it gives me the path to the
> file for the classic theme? Has anyone seen this issue? Have any ideas on
> how to resolve it? Help!!

kelly

What is the path, upgraded from what and did/do you have third party desktop
managers installed?
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)