"Access Denied" Error When Trying To Run Msconfig

CC

When I hit Start | Run | Msconfig, it tells me that access is denied and that
I may need to log on as Administrator to make program changes. Only, I'm
already logged in as Administrator!

What's going on here and how do I fix this so I can run Msconfig?

I'm running WinXP Home with SP2.

Make sure you are signed in as admninistrator.

"CC" <CC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nobody's got an answer for this?

How about restarting in SAFE mode and trying it from there??

> When I hit Start | Run | Msconfig, it tells me that access is denied and
> that
> I may need to log on as Administrator to make program changes. Only, I'm
> already logged in as Administrator!
>
> What's going on here and how do I fix this so I can run Msconfig?
>
> I'm running WinXP Home with SP2.

TRENDING THREADS