i had nail.exe and aurora runnin in my comp 4 days
i used microsoft antispyware, nav2005, mcafee 9.0, registry repair pro,
spyware doctor n system mechanic but to no avail
all detect the file n delete the file but the next time i scan there
bck again
tday suddenly all my .exe files stopped functionin. i cant reinstall
windows, run any antivirus or do anytin
wen i click a exe file it asks to choose program

pls help
dude_51189@yahoo.co.in

You need to also run:

Ad Aware SE
Spybot: Search and Destroy
CWShredder

in order to locate and remove the stupid program that seems to re-install
these.

Also, you may need to install Hijackthis, create a scan log and post this
scan log onto a Hijackthis web forum. There you should get some insight on
what othere setting needs to be remove.

<dude_51189@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
>i had nail.exe and aurora runnin in my comp 4 days
> i used microsoft antispyware, nav2005, mcafee 9.0, registry repair pro,
> spyware doctor n system mechanic but to no avail
> all detect the file n delete the file but the next time i scan there
> bck again
> tday suddenly all my .exe files stopped functionin. i cant reinstall
> windows, run any antivirus or do anytin
> wen i click a exe file it asks to choose program
>
> pls help
> dude_51189@yahoo.co.in

This sounds real bad. I'm not sure what this will do, but try opening my
computer (or any folder) and go to tools > folder options > file types >
"new" > then enter exe as the extension. Click "Advanced". It should
automatically be associated with "Application", but if it's not, select
"Application" from the Associated File Type box and then click ok. Try to
run a program...if you can, it worked...good luck and cross your fingers.

--
Wack
----
<dude_51189@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> i had nail.exe and aurora runnin in my comp 4 days
> i used microsoft antispyware, nav2005, mcafee 9.0, registry repair pro,
> spyware doctor n system mechanic but to no avail
> all detect the file n delete the file but the next time i scan there
> bck again
> tday suddenly all my .exe files stopped functionin. i cant reinstall
> windows, run any antivirus or do anytin
> wen i click a exe file it asks to choose program
>
> pls help
> dude_51189@yahoo.co.in

This site claims to have a fix for nail.exe and the aurora problem...you
might want to give this a shot, too.

http://www.jayloden.com/aurorafix.htm

--
Wack
----
This message will self destruct.
<dude_51189@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> i had nail.exe and aurora runnin in my comp 4 days
> i used microsoft antispyware, nav2005, mcafee 9.0, registry repair pro,
> spyware doctor n system mechanic but to no avail
> all detect the file n delete the file but the next time i scan there
> bck again
> tday suddenly all my .exe files stopped functionin. i cant reinstall
> windows, run any antivirus or do anytin
> wen i click a exe file it asks to choose program
>
> pls help
> dude_51189@yahoo.co.in

Hello,

Look for the EXE file association fix here:

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org