Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 mb, ahci driver install

don_08

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
using Windows 7-64 bit os, 1 ssd for os, 1 hdd for storage, and 1 hdd for back-up. Want to set up ahci, but instructions i have say to press F-6 during setup to read floppy. I have the drive, but no disc. Please give me options/answers. Thanks DON
Emerald and izone both had good answers.

Need to add info:Before posting I set bios to ahci ,rebooted to post and did not find the ssd on bios (is this normal?) Should i just load windows anyway?
Also Gigabyte instructions state to swap windows CD and theirs' when windows gets to part that states "where do you want to load windows", they said to use gigabyte CD and select "load drivers". Doing that i get "Drivers are not compatible installed hardware.

All i wanted to do was set up trim for SSD. This new geek in training could use some help. Thanks agin DON

Usually you go into the bios and where the sata options are you can change the sata mode to AHCI right in the bios.
Drivers are for Windows to use to communicate with the hardware and what you need to do is change the sata mode in the bios unless you have already loaded Windows on the SSD then you have to make a change in the registry in order to change the sata mode to AHCI.