undo after saving in WordPad

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are and if they're
configurable...

I sit at different machines in different labs fairly regularly. Using
WordPad, sometimes I can undo even after I've saved and sometimes I can't...

Is this a difference between versions of XP? Is there some Windows update?

Bottom line: is it possible for me to reconfigure anything so that WordPad
will allow me to undo after I've saved.
4 answers Last reply
More about undo saving wordpad

    Unless you close the document, I believe EDIT>UNDO will work even after
    saving.
    Once you close the document, there's no going back.

    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "yongkalep" <yongkalep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to figure out what the differences are and if they're
    > configurable...
    >
    > I sit at different machines in different labs fairly regularly. Using
    > WordPad, sometimes I can undo even after I've saved and sometimes I
    > can't...
    >
    > Is this a difference between versions of XP? Is there some Windows
    > update?
    >
    > Bottom line: is it possible for me to reconfigure anything so that WordPad
    > will allow me to undo after I've saved.

    Well, that's the thing. Sometimes, on some machines, it *does* work. But
    sometimes, on some machines, it does *not* work.

    I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make it work in those times
    when it doesn't...

    Thanks though!

    yongkalep wrote:
    > Well, that's the thing. Sometimes, on some machines, it *does* work. But
    > sometimes, on some machines, it does *not* work.
    >
    > I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make it work in those times
    > when it doesn't...

    I'm wondering if there's anything you can do to make it NOT work in
    those times when it does...

    OOPS! So Sorry! I think you've stumbled upon that one all by yourself.

    Actually, I didn't *do* anything. I just opened WordPad and discovered that
    it wouldn't undo after saving when I tired to do it.

    It works fine on the machine I'm currently sitting at. But there are others
    in our facility where it definitely does not work. They are all running XP.
    So why the difference in WordPad behavior from one machine to the next?

    I wanna know WHY.

    "The Not-So-Cuddly Curmudgeon" wrote:

    > yongkalep wrote:
    > > Well, that's the thing. Sometimes, on some machines, it *does* work. But
    > > sometimes, on some machines, it does *not* work.
    > >
    > > I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make it work in those times
    > > when it doesn't...
    >
    > I'm wondering if there's anything you can do to make it NOT work in
    > those times when it does...
    >
    > OOPS! So Sorry! I think you've stumbled upon that one all by yourself.

Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP