  • Notepad
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 19, 2005 6:25:52 PM

How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

More about : notepad

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:25:53 PM

I don't believe Notepad has that functionality.
I haven't looked for it in Wordpad; but Word should have it, maybe even
Works.

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

jrfrey wrote:
> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

NotePad Log Trick
http://windows.about.com/od/tipsarchive/l/bltip531.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Related resources
August 19, 2005 6:25:53 PM

Hello , Open a "Notepad" /look for {menu} 'edit' click menu / click
Time/Date . You will need to place your cursor to the exact place the
Time/Date is to be entered and click on that location thereafter . This is
done manualy only .
--
KD

"jrfrey" wrote:

> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:49:53 PM

Hello,

Press F5.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message news:uZQ7ttOpFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made to the file? eg. a
> log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:35:05 PM

Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space LOG
in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime you
open it now it will insert the time and date.

Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
long lines.

"jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
> made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

August 19, 2005 11:20:02 PM

Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ...
Thank You .
--
KD

"jrfrey" wrote:

> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:02:19 AM

Oh no! Jone Doe got hit on the head with a LOG in this group! Installer
is digging the hole for the body! I'm staying away!

Installer wrote:
> Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
> dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ...
> Thank You .
> --
> KD
>

> "jrfrey" wrote:
>
> > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
> > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 8:35:25 AM

Why don't you type log in help and find out.

"jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message news:uZQ7ttOpFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

August 20, 2005 9:44:33 AM

Very cool. Thanks.
--
FWS

"Jone Doe" wrote:

> Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space LOG
> in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime you
> open it now it will insert the time and date.
>
> Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
> long lines.
>
> "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
> > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
> > made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:39:15 AM

Why would you refer someone to a web site when it's in help.

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message news:%23npGp9OpFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> jrfrey wrote:
>> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
>> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information
>>

> NotePad Log Trick
> http://windows.about.com/od/tipsarchive/l/bltip531.htm
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:41:43 AM

Any reason you are repeating my correct answer 3 hours after. Or are you just an idiot who want to say me too.

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:o WnK1XQpFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space LOG
> in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime you
> open it now it will insert the time and date.
>
> Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
> long lines.
>
> "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
>> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
>> made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:41:44 AM

How about because your answer came in just now, Mr. Perfect poster.

We don' ALL get you wonderful words of wisdom at the same time, or weren't
you aware of that? It depends to a great bit on the newsreader we are
using.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
news:o PpjNbQpFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Any reason you are repeating my correct answer 3 hours after. Or are you
just an idiot who want to say me too.

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
news:o WnK1XQpFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space
> LOG
> in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime
> you
> open it now it will insert the time and date.
>
> Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
> long lines.
>
> "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
>> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
>> made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 8:42:41 PM

Listen you moron. I hit it on the head.Sp perhaps you will give the credit where it is due. I am sick of scum like you.

"Installer" <lost_in_70s_tunes> wrote in message news:5FE786B1-C765-4C34-8DFA-7B2DB17D95A5@microsoft.com...
> Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
> dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ....
> Thank You .
> --
> KD
>

> "jrfrey" wrote:
>
>> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
>> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

August 22, 2005 10:56:01 PM

Ha ! Thats very funny .. Thank you .. Ya' made my day . Aloha ..
--
KD

!