notepad

How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information
14 answers Last reply
More about notepad

    I don't believe Notepad has that functionality.
    I haven't looked for it in Wordpad; but Word should have it, maybe even
    Works.

    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    jrfrey wrote:
    > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    NotePad Log Trick
    http://windows.about.com/od/tipsarchive/l/bltip531.htm

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Hello , Open a "Notepad" /look for {menu} 'edit' click menu / click
    Time/Date . You will need to place your cursor to the exact place the
    Time/Date is to be entered and click on that location thereafter . This is
    done manualy only .
    --
    KD

    "jrfrey" wrote:

    > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Hello,

    Press F5.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message news:uZQ7ttOpFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made to the file? eg. a
    > log of conversations or other information

    Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space LOG
    in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime you
    open it now it will insert the time and date.

    Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
    long lines.

    "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
    > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
    > made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
    dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ...
    Thank You .
    --
    KD

    "jrfrey" wrote:

    > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Oh no! Jone Doe got hit on the head with a LOG in this group! Installer
    is digging the hole for the body! I'm staying away!

    Installer wrote:
    > Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
    > dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ...
    > Thank You .
    > --
    > KD
    >

    > "jrfrey" wrote:
    >
    > > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    > > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Why don't you type log in help and find out.

    "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message news:uZQ7ttOpFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Very cool. Thanks.
    --
    FWS

    "Jone Doe" wrote:

    > Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space LOG
    > in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime you
    > open it now it will insert the time and date.
    >
    > Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
    > long lines.
    >
    > "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
    > > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
    > > made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Why would you refer someone to a web site when it's in help.

    "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message news:%23npGp9OpFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > jrfrey wrote:
    >> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    >> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information
    >>

    > NotePad Log Trick
    > http://windows.about.com/od/tipsarchive/l/bltip531.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    Any reason you are repeating my correct answer 3 hours after. Or are you just an idiot who want to say me too.

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:OWnK1XQpFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space LOG
    > in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime you
    > open it now it will insert the time and date.
    >
    > Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
    > long lines.
    >
    > "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
    >> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
    >> made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    How about because your answer came in just now, Mr. Perfect poster.

    We don' ALL get you wonderful words of wisdom at the same time, or weren't
    you aware of that? It depends to a great bit on the newsreader we are
    using.

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Any reason you are repeating my correct answer 3 hours after. Or are you
    just an idiot who want to say me too.

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    > Open note pad. for the first entry type .LOG (that is period, no space
    > LOG
    > in uppercase). Save the file under whatever name you desire. Everytime
    > you
    > open it now it will insert the time and date.
    >
    > Also click format and make sure word wrap is checked, or it will make very
    > long lines.
    >
    > "jrfrey" <jrfrey@fuse.net> wrote in message
    >> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is
    >> made to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Listen you moron. I hit it on the head.Sp perhaps you will give the credit where it is due. I am sick of scum like you.

    "Installer" <lost_in_70s_tunes> wrote in message news:5FE786B1-C765-4C34-8DFA-7B2DB17D95A5@microsoft.com...
    > Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
    > dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ....
    > Thank You .
    > --
    > KD
    >

    > "jrfrey" wrote:
    >
    >> How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    >> to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

    Ha ! Thats very funny .. Thank you .. Ya' made my day . Aloha ..
    --
    KD

    "Dimple Wathen" wrote:

    > Oh no! Jone Doe got hit on the head with a LOG in this group! Installer
    > is digging the hole for the body! I'm staying away!
    >
    > Installer wrote:
    > > Hello , I stand corrected . Jone Doe hit it on the head with .LOG ! Hey , I
    > > dig this ! Automatic Date and Time stamp ! This is a really function ...
    > > Thank You .
    > > --
    > > KD
    > >

    > > "jrfrey" wrote:
    > >
    > > > How do I set notepad to record the date and time each time an entry is made
    > > > to the file? eg. a log of conversations or other information

Notepad Microsoft Windows XP