Hanns-G -- 2 Second Flicker Problem

moltar512

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
Hi

I came home for lunch today and my monitor started to act up. It would flicker a little, like the backlight was going out, and then the picture would just go dark. If i powered it off and then powered it back on again, the picture would come back for about 2 seconds, and then shut back off again.

I have a Hanns-G Hi221. I can't find much information on the 'net or the forums about it, but from what I did find, I may have a bad inverter (?) or capacitors that have blown.

I have no idea. I took an old, trusty, dependable CRT I had laying around and right now it's working like a champ. I've only had the Hanns-G since May of last year, so it blew up in 11 months. I'm guessing that since it's within the 1 year warranty, Hanns-G may fix it. But, since they are a no name brand, they will probably give me the run around.

What does the forum think? What is my issue? And should i just scrub this monitor and get a new one? Or should I try to deal with Hanns-G and try and get them to fix it?

curbmam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
I would like to know if you had any luck with warranty. Mine just did the exact same thing and is 8 months old today.
I have emailed the customer service to see their response but it is after hours.

Didomih

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi, I have the same issue and I tried with new inverter board, then with new control input board, and no luck so far. I don't know what else it might be??? I will keep trying and if anything comes up I will post an update.

TRENDING THREADS