inspiron 600M- adding a firewire port

Dell has a great deal on the inspiron 600M this weekend but I see there is no
firewire port and there doesn't appear to be any option for one. Can this
capability be added after receiving the laptop, and what would I need to do?

Thanks,
BT

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs
4 answers Last reply
More about inspiron 600m adding firewire port

    The only way to do it would be to add a firewire PCMCIA card - since there
    is only one slot in the machine, make sure you order with wireless (PCI ) if
    you need that, because you won't be able to add a PCMCIA card later on.

    "BT" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Dell has a great deal on the inspiron 600M this weekend but I see there is
    no
    > firewire port and there doesn't appear to be any option for one. Can this
    > capability be added after receiving the laptop, and what would I need to
    do?

    > Thanks,
    > BT
    >
    > http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

    You can add the wireless via the mini-PCI slot later on -

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > The only way to do it would be to add a firewire PCMCIA card - since there
    > is only one slot in the machine, make sure you order with wireless (PCI )
    if
    > you need that, because you won't be able to add a PCMCIA card later on.
    >

    > "BT" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > Dell has a great deal on the inspiron 600M this weekend but I see there
    is
    > no
    > > firewire port and there doesn't appear to be any option for one. Can
    this
    > > capability be added after receiving the laptop, and what would I need to
    > do?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > BT
    > >
    > > http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

    how about the antenna?

    "Keith S." <keithtucaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > You can add the wireless via the mini-PCI slot later on -
    >

    > "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > > The only way to do it would be to add a firewire PCMCIA card - since
    there
    > > is only one slot in the machine, make sure you order with wireless
    (PCI )
    > if
    > > you need that, because you won't be able to add a PCMCIA card later on.
    > >

    > > "BT" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > > Dell has a great deal on the inspiron 600M this weekend but I see
    there
    > is
    > > no
    > > > firewire port and there doesn't appear to be any option for one. Can
    > this
    > > > capability be added after receiving the laptop, and what would I need
    > > do?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > BT
    > > >
    > > > http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

    I think it already their - we retrofitted six 500m's by purchasing the
    miniPCI card -no problems -their is a connecter to the antenna - open the
    access door and inspect to be certain.

    "V@W" <look@here.com> wrote in message
    > how about the antenna?
    >
    > "Keith S." <keithtucaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > You can add the wireless via the mini-PCI slot later on -
    > >

    > > "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > > > The only way to do it would be to add a firewire PCMCIA card - since
    > there
    > > > is only one slot in the machine, make sure you order with wireless
    > (PCI )
    > > if
    > > > you need that, because you won't be able to add a PCMCIA card later
    on.

    > > > "BT" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > there
    > > is