Closed

duplicate file finding

August 19, 2005 3:57:27 PM

silly question maybe - but i have 2500 files, mostly .pdf, total of about
30gb of 'stuff'...

question is: Is there an easy way of checking or finding if some of these
files are duplicates? (i know that file names will have to be the same) A
program that will search for dups?

thanks

More about : duplicate file finding

August 19, 2005 7:07:43 PM

Blackhawk41 wrote:

> silly question maybe - but i have 2500 files, mostly .pdf, total of about
> 30gb of 'stuff'...
>
> question is: Is there an easy way of checking or finding if some of these
> files are duplicates? (i know that file names will have to be the same) A
> program that will search for dups?
>
> thanks

First stop should always be a google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=find%2Bduplica...

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Try NoClone, it uncovers duplicate files and recover valuable disk
space. It finds duplicates regardless of file name but file contents. -
http://noclone.net

Blackhawk41 wrote:
> silly question maybe - but i have 2500 files, mostly .pdf, total of about
> 30gb of 'stuff'...
>
> question is: Is there an easy way of checking or finding if some of these
> files are duplicates? (i know that file names will have to be the same) A
> program that will search for dups?
>
> thanks
August 25, 2005 5:44:08 AM

alanwo@gmail.com wrote:

> Try NoClone, it uncovers duplicate files and recover valuable disk
> space. It finds duplicates regardless of file name but file contents. -
> http://noclone.net

But, when it finds dupe .dlls, let them be no matter even you see 4
copies of the same .dll

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
November 26, 2010 2:39:46 AM

Install Advanced System Optimizer : www.aso.com no1. best system optimizer
this soft Scan same size, name & fix it perfectly
November 16, 2012 8:44:51 PM

Well.. When you find your drive is full of the temporary files in my documents or any default download folder, it may be due to dozens of duplicate files, which you download time by time and leave it there after viewing. This may cause a lot of drive space to cover. To manage this we have introduced an automatic method to help you. Which is using http://***/ saymahayen
November 18, 2012 4:59:42 PM

Quote:

silly question maybe - but i have 2500 files, mostly .pdf, total of about
30gb of 'stuff'...

question is: Is there an easy way of checking or finding if some of these
files are duplicates? (i know that file names will have to be the same) A
program that will search for dups?

thanks
Leonard do a search when they come up delete the dup. ;)
January 28, 2013 10:20:26 PM

Quote:

silly question maybe - but i have 2500 files, mostly .pdf, total of about
30gb of 'stuff'...

question is: Is there an easy way of checking or finding if some of these
files are duplicates? (i know that file names will have to be the same) A
program that will search for dups?

thanks

"Duplicate Files Deleter" is one of the perfect program to solve your problem

Just go to Duplicate Files Deleter
January 29, 2013 11:09:02 AM

Quote:

silly question maybe - but i have 2500 files, mostly .pdf, total of about
30gb of 'stuff'...

question is: Is there an easy way of checking or finding if some of these
files are duplicates? (i know that file names will have to be the same) A
program that will search for dups?

thanks

I had the same issue and i just used http://*** and it worked really well for me it's simple and easy to use
January 29, 2013 6:37:09 PM