Sign in with
Your question

Need help fast

Last response: in CPUs
June 19, 2003 9:32:23 PM

With my slk-800 came 4 anti-staic pads to put on the CPU. My xp-2500+ allready has the black rubber things on them. Do I put the pads on them, or no?
Thanks!!!

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>

More about : fast

June 19, 2003 9:40:35 PM

Also, does anybody know how to get the sticky stuff off that was left from my heatsink sticker, maybo somthing i got in the house? dishwashing detergent?

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>
June 19, 2003 10:14:12 PM

Also, does anybody know how to get the sticky stuff off that was left from my heatsink sticker, maybo somthing i got in the house? dishwashing detergent?

Aceton, or chemically clean benzine (gas, petrol) should do the trick!
Related resources
June 19, 2003 10:48:20 PM

anybody know about the pads?

a b à CPUs
June 20, 2003 1:48:03 AM

Why do you want to remove the thermal interface material? It does the same job as heatsink compound, and usually works quite well!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
June 20, 2003 4:37:00 PM

No, when I peeled the clear cover off the slk-800, it left sticker goo.

June 20, 2003 6:52:40 PM

Hiya hoserb;

No you dont need the pads since the athlon already has them, however the sticker that came off of your heatsink wasnt a sticker, it was a dust cover for the thermal interface material pre-installed on the mating surface of the heatsink, you may remove it if you wish with a razorblade, then use rubbing alchohol to clean it thouroughly, BUT replace it with artic silver or another thermal compund to insure proper thermal disipation, it was there for a reason!

I hope i have helped.

XeeN
June 20, 2003 7:23:39 PM

It wasn't the stock cooler, it was the slk-800. No thermel pad..

June 20, 2003 7:29:14 PM

thanks a lot for replying, now i got a new problem.

When i first booted, bios showed as 100c! after a reboot, it showed as 85c! another reboot and it went down to 67. then it went down to a good 38.

now it's back up to 48-50c. I put a very thin coat of as3, after cleaning up the heatsink with goo gone. anybody know whats going down?

June 21, 2003 10:27:18 PM

baddabump

!